In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1zapato de claqué masculinezapato de tap masculine Mexicozapato de zapateo americano masculine Southern Cone
- The first time I saw her was the day I got my first pair of tap shoes, he says.
- She's mastered her tap shoes as musical instruments, but she hasn't lost the wide eyes of discovery from twelve years ago at the Colorado Dance Festival.
- The alumni who are brave enough will join the cast of 42nd Street onstage for the opening number, tap shoes and all, then there will be a gala party.
- Time to dust off your tap shoes and head to the cinema to check out the hottest movie in town, Chicago.
- The dance routines we worked on this week were Irish Dance, a Jazz dance, some more tap dancing (without tap shoes)!
- Company members, who are as at home in tap shoes as they are in sneakers, pass on his technique as resident guest teachers in the city's high schools and private studios.
- Instead of my black tights and sneakers, I've got on nude tights and tap shoes.
- He bought his own tap shoes and he was so set on coming to the auditions that he paid his own train fare.
- Her old tap shoes stood in the small box next to the CD player, so he slipped them on.
- Things were different in 1983 - the tap shoes were on and the song sheets were out as early as possible - and not an essay in sight.
- The girl who was dancing next to me wore her tap shoes for the performance and she kept clomping on my foot.
- I dance better in a higher heel, than I do in the normal tap shoes.
- Their ponytails flick as their tap shoes submit to the beat.
- The final scene began as traditional dancing in a village festival and turned into a broadway-style tap dance sequence, with the characters wearing traditional Japanese clogs instead of tap shoes.
- I took lessons in junior high, unfortunately, the last time I went to my mother's house I looked for my tap shoes and they weren't there.
- A lady at the checkout ahead of me was buying tap shoes (among other things) for her two year-old daughter.
- And what's more, they're tap shoes - and she's wearing them in Cheltenham next week.
- She then pulls off her black robe to reveal a sequined costume and tap shoes.
- His weekly jam sessions, which began around 1997 at the Manhattan club known as Swing 46, were all-inclusive, and anyone who had a pair of tap shoes could get up on the stage and hoof away to live music.
- ‘The Sun Has Got His Hat On’ was another highlight, with fun formations, a great range of dance styles and an amazing number of the company in tap shoes.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.