- Finland has no distinctive folk dance - no highland fling, morris dance or tarantella.
- The American artist celebrated his eighty-first birthday at Villa Narcissus, his home on the island of Capri, by dancing the tarantella.
- She does so by asking him to help her rehearse the dance - the tarantella - that she must perform the following evening.
- Perhaps the most commonly recognized folk dance, the tarantella, for example, is Neapolitan, with little diffusion elsewhere in the peninsula.
- The score has also been slightly rearranged - the ballet opens with a tableau set to Renaissance lute music, while the third-act tarantella is moved into the first act.