In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Also, the field should be watched for several days to prevent pigeons, which are remarkably fond of tares, from devouring much of the sown seed.
- Here the significance of each detail of the parable of the tares is explained.
- Some recover and go on to ‘produce a good crop,’ while others become weeds, or tares in God's field, of whom Jesus Christ made a dire warning in another of His parables.
- This year I'm using winter tares - a winter hardy vetch which will fix nitrogen and provide good protection, but in the past I've also used clovers, buckwheat, phacelia and grazing rye.
- That provides much more scope for cultivating and planting up the vacated bed before autumn, and while there's no solid plan evolved yet we're thinking around spuds and a good over-wintering green manure such as grazing rye, phacelia or winter tares.
- This is summed up in the biblical antitheses between the wheat and the tares, the old man and the new, outward and inward.
- The juniors are fishing at Rawcliffe Lake on a Tuesday evening at present where lots of roach are taking an interest in hemp and tares.
- Drawing on biblical metaphor, he looks to Jesus' parable about the wheat field sowed with tares, not to be separated until the final harvest.
- Good soil is made by plenty of bulky waste organic material or growing winter tares or clover during a resting year.
- Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and His disciples came unto Him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.
- And they want lighter tare weights, zero maintenance, and more automatic transmissions.
- Tare weight is often published upon the sides of railway cars to facilitate the computation of the load carried.
- This tag is used to identify automatically the vehicle and its relevant tare mass, after which the gross mass is determined by weighbridge instrumentation.
- With only 1725 kg tare weight, the engine certainly produced plenty of power in all circumstances.
- Side loading eliminated the need to drive over the deck to reach other flat cars, so it was eliminated, along with its expense, and more importantly, tare weight.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.