In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1British(price list)tarifa femininepostal/railway tariff — tarifa postal/ferroviaria
- bar tariff — lista de precios — de un bar
- Some hotels have lowered their tariffs by between 30 and 50 per cent.
- Orange is marketing the SPV M1000 at business users, with calls and GPRS data connections billed according to the network's business tariffs.
- Nevertheless, Virgin's prominent brand and cheap and simple tariffs have done the business so far.
- I was told categorically that premium rate calls can be charged at whatever tariff the market will stand!
- The research was carried out to promote Vodafone's new tariffs for small business.
- If there were any doubts about the standard of the hotel, its cheap tariff leaves no room for second thoughts.
- Forex rates, climatic conditions, flight, bus and train timings, road maps, hotel and lodge tariffs along with phone numbers are also given.
- It's not a simple business: tariffs must be constantly reduced if the company is to stay competitive and overheads have to be brought down sharply.
- Technology Telecom says its customers can save 20 per cent compared to BT's business tariffs and a 5 per cent discount on BT line charges.
- He said even with the new tariffs the company will still not be able to meet its operational costs, but they will still go a long way.
- The prices listed above are those that apply to the more expensive tariffs - cheaper tariffs carry higher handset costs.
- PIC will be sold to telcos who will sell the units, or cover their cost through broadband connection tariffs, to the users.
- Because Enron's aggressive pricing had helped bring down tariffs, businesses and domestic consumers will have to pay more for their energy this winter.
- To qualify for free broadband from Orange you must sign an 18-month contract for one of its mobile tariffs costing at least £30 a month.
- Pikitup's tariffs for business premises are R144 a month for a 240-litre bin and R164 for a 100-litre bin.
- Many United States and multilateral institutions promote business by lowering tariffs and offering loans and consultations.
- As an example, an operator that sets tariffs 150 percent higher than the government's ceiling price will have its operating license suspended for five weeks.
- Responding to media speculation about the price increases, the Energy Ministry last Friday rejected reports that it was considering cancelling night tariffs for electricity.
- Some commercial customers try to calculate electric bills based solely on tariffs and come up with lower amounts than seen on the bill.
- Vodafone's decision to exclude 0845 and 0800 tariffs from free minutes allowances has upset a number of users.
- So while the Constitution empowered the federal government to levy taxes, it limited this power mostly to indirect taxes like tariffs, duties, and excise taxes.
- Lumber and steel prices spent most of the second quarter adjusting to the impact of U.S.-imposed duties and tariffs on imports that went into effect near the end of the first quarter.
- The Geneva-based organisation helps promote free trade by persuading countries to abolish import tariffs and other barriers to open markets.
- Farm exporters are seeking substantial cuts in tariffs on agricultural imports as well as related subsidies, but importers are in favor of gradual reform.
- The introduction of Value Added Tax in July 1999 enabled the government to remove tariffs and import duties.
- Social Security taxes, excise levies, tariffs, and other duties are regressive - their effective rates decline as income goes up.
- Many of these countries could protect themselves through imposing import tariffs.
- The US last month said it will levy tariffs on most steel imports to give its domestic industry time to rebuild.
- While tariffs and import quotas have fallen for farm goods, U.S. agribusiness outfits still must overcome complex import-licensing procedures.
- The country unilaterally reduced its overall import tariffs over the years, recently dropping them to 6% across the board.
- A Libertarianz government will abolish all duties, tariffs, taxes and levies - except income tax.
- "The tariff explicitly lists agro-machinery that enjoys duty free status, and our officers are guided by this tabulation," he said.
- Excises, tariffs, export duties, and taxes on particular goods have become relatively insignificant sources of state revenues in these advanced nations.
- Under the safeguard, Japan can levy stiff tariffs on the imports if their volume exceeds the average of the past three years.
- Put another way, costs that used to be absorbed by the private sector in the form of export and import duties and tariffs have been transferred onto taxpayers in the form of security costs.
- Foreign affiliate sales that stem from FDI are not subject to import tariffs or other trade barriers, in contrast to U.S. exports of similar products.
- Cut import tariffs and increase export-refund rates of some products to foster trade.
- But as long as America coddles its grain farmers, other nations won't drop import tariffs on U.S. meat.
- Even though 99 per cent of the high-end watches in the China market are imported, the tax authorities can only collect the watch tariff and value-added tax, he said.
- Both export taxes and import tariffs are used as policy tools to regulate cotton markets.
- Port tariffs are essentially price lists that encompass all the services and facilities provided by a port.
- The decision by the Confederacy in February 1861 to levy a tariff on the import of goods provoked a discussion about the expanding trade between the Upper and Lower South.
2Economicsarancel (aduanero) masculine(restrictions/preference) arancelariotariff barrier / wall — barrera arancelaria
3Lawfeminine tablamasculine baremofeminine tabla
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.