1tarea feminineI had the unpleasant task of breaking the news to him — me tocó la desagradable tarea de darle la noticia
- a body whose task it is to … — un organismo que tiene como cometido / cuyo cometido es …
- I had to persuade her, no easy task — tuve que convencerla, lo cual no fue nada fácil
- to give / set sb a task — asignarle una tarea a algn
1to task sb to do sth/with doing sth — asignarle / encomendarle a algn la tarea de hacer algo
- Hammond was tasked with moving in to make necessary changes.
- The United Nations Commission on the Status of Women was tasked with providing advice to States on the implementation of the Platform for Action.
- We're tasked with ensuring areas are swept free of any possible explosive devices left by a would-be assassin.
- Several staff members were tasked with lightly re-editing stories and headlines each day for the new format.
- Occasionally, I was tasked with cleaning the room and re-inventorying the canned goods.
- Every local authority in London has been tasked with increasing recycling and Lewisham was targeted to reach 10 per cent.
- Now the group, which is tasked with monitoring stop and search use in Lewisham, is planning an educational video so young people are fully aware of their rights.
- They were armed with air-to-air missiles only, and were tasked with destroying airborne threats.
- They have been tasked with adjudicating on individual claims.
- The 40-year-old was principally tasked with organising the Prince's social diary and entertaining.
- The audit agency is tasked with examining the implementation of the state budget and the financial reports of state institutions.
- The talented team of lighting, stage and sound technicians are tasked with bringing to life the first ever performances in the Orangery.
- And still other from the Texas National Guard are tasked with purifying drinking water.
- There's a special division of career Justice Department officials who are tasked with doing this kind of work.
- Each student group was tasked with carrying out a market research project and produced a marketing plan for their assigned client company.
- She was tasked with translating documents and recordings from FBI wire taps.
- A planned conference committee hearing has been tasked with resolving these conflicting numbers.
- Children will be tasked with picturing their group activities or special events over the next two months in time for the June 30 deadline.
- While Porter heads for the mainland to get the boat repaired, Sandy is tasked with a load of chores.
- The committee was tasked with deliberating the content of the bill, while the special team has dealt mainly with the bill's wording.