In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1marrón topo masculine(de color) marrón topo
- There are bolts of taupe fabric draped on the windows, and the lighting is muted.
- The colour taupe is perfect for grey or blonde hair.
- This season, however, earthy tones such as brown, taupe and khaki green are also making a presence.
- Along with taupe and chocolate brown, one of this season's hottest shades is a muted heather (lavender with a bit of gray).
- For a subtle look, use a slightly darker or lighter hue of the main color (i.e. beige and taupe, navy and royal blue, purple and violet).
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.