In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The front number plate and the tax disc both contained the correct number.
- Basically, I bought a stolen tax disc and a stolen MoT certificate, put them in my vehicle, got stopped by the police and then produced them.
- After discovering he had been clamped for not displaying a tax disc, the motorist snatched a spade from his van, smashed its windscreen and rear windows and slashed the tyres.
- And if you were caught without having a current tax disc decorating your windscreen, the Borough Council web site will enable you to make atonement for your sin to the tune of E60.
- Charges of using a fraudulent tax disc, fraudulent registration mark, no test certificate and no insurance on the same date were also included.
adhesivo que indica que se ha pagado el impuesto de circulación
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.