In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1evasión fiscal feminineevasión de impuestos femininemasculine fraude fiscal
- Charges including bribery and tax evasion are among the ten counts of the ethics code he is accused of violating.
- The old corrupt systems of governance and tax evasion in this country and many others are rapidly crumbling.
- What of the culture of tax evasion that was so widespread through the 1980s and much of the 1990s?
- It should be noted at this point that tax avoidance is legally sound, but morally open to question while tax evasion is simply illegal.
- On the contrary, in India, corruption, tax evasion, cheating and bribery have eaten into our vitals.
- The company's main shareholder and ex-chief funded opposition groups and is now on trial for fraud and tax evasion.
- That means tax evasion, money laundering, and hiding money for terrorism will be easier.
- Investment banks estimate the country's rampant tax evasion totals in the billions of dollars per year.
- One of the reasons for the restructuring is to curtail tax evasion by high earners.
- By all means crack down on illegal tax evasion and money laundering.
- This they did in April, nailing the congressman on 10 counts of bribery, tax evasion and racketeering.
- The prosecutor general's office said the raid was part of an investigation into tax evasion and fraud.
- In recent days he has suggested that there should be mandatory prison sentences for those involved in tax evasion.
- The secret scheme was designed with tax evasion in mind and its clients were drawn from the élite of Irish society.
- I never looked on it as tax evasion, but as increasing someone's investment.
- Accusations of tax evasion caused the resignation of a senior central bank official last month.
- Initiatives against tax evasion will be launched to help pay for these new government programs.
- He also reformed the crippled banking sector and raised more revenue by cracking down on tax evasion.
- Anyone suspected of tax evasion will not have information on them disclosed by the Swiss authorities.
- In the hearings, the lawmakers raised questions mainly about Chang's alleged tax evasion.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.