In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1paraíso fiscal masculine
- His alleged ruse was to list the tax haven of Monaco as his primary residence instead of Germany.
- The tiny principality of Liechtenstein has managed to transform itself from a poor farming country into a wealthy tax haven.
- However, it underlines that the ‘no or nominal tax criterion’ is not sufficient, by itself, to result in characterisation as a tax haven.
- Many of these international investors never set foot in the tax haven of their choice.
- In a ‘corporate inversion,’ a U.S. company creates a new parent corporation based in a tax haven like Bermuda.
- During a seven day visit to the tax haven, Collery generated a number of documents based on information which he had accumulated in Ireland and which he brought to the Caymans.
- On one hand, it needs to reassure the world that Ireland is squeaky clean, a million miles removed from being a tax haven.
- Basically, a company must operate part of its business there, and that means more than plunking down a server in a tax haven.
- Associating the stolid backbencher with a tax haven based in an exotic Caribbean location requires quite a feat of imagination.
- In his global pursuit of tax advantage, he set up ADT in Bermuda and became a naturalized citizen of Belize, even serving for a time as the tax haven's ambassador to the U.N.
- Moving to a tax haven like New Hampshire, Texas, or Florida is one possibility.
- Stafford originated the idea of a financial tax haven for Dublin, though it was later regarded as the brainchild of Dermot Desmond.
- Montserrat also tries to exploit its role as a tax haven by offering light or no taxes on certain international business operations and on agricultural income.
- In recent weeks, The Sunday Business Post has confirmed that Lawlor visited the tax haven when Ireland played soccer internationals there in 1995 and 1996.
- Bermuda has been a favourite tax haven for many years, but the burgeoning population has drained the islands' resources.
- As Bank of Ireland's operations in the Jersey tax haven come under close scrutiny by the Revenue Commissioners, exposure of its business practices should be a source of deep embarrassment to management.
- Pick your tax haven - be it Jersey, the Isle of Man or one of the even more exotic locations whose regimes are attractive to the tax-averse.
- That made Zhuhai a tax haven for foreign investors and opened it to free market experimentation.
- We may be the most self-indulgent country in the world that isn't a tax haven, but you get some really cool stuff thanks to our insanity.
- A two-year-old outfit with a phone number in the Isle of Man - a U.K. tax haven that functions like Bermuda or Panama - Dafin has an office in Johannesburg.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.