In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1masculine impuestosfeminine cargas fiscalesmasculine sistema tributariomasculine sistema fiscalmasculine régimen tributariomasculine régimen fiscalthe level of taxation is too high — los impuestos son demasiado altos
- to reduce/increase taxation — reducir/aumentar los impuestos
- to be subject to/exempt from taxation — estar sujeto al/exento del pago de impuestos
- before noun taxation system — sistema tributario
- Income tax rate will not be increased and the progressive taxation system will be preserved.
- The taxation system that is now in place in this country is terribly complex.
- As offensive as I find this system, it is not the basis for taxation in the United States today.
- But that would still involve taxation to channel these revenues into public spending.
- Tax on capital gains provides an incentive to place capital in the member country with the lowest level of taxation.
- They are, or at least were, the party of small government, low taxation and the national interest.
- This is best achieved by unashamedly making the Tories a party of low taxation.
- The problem arises when health spending is directed through the state, or is funded by taxation.
- It is hard not to conclude that our entire system of taxation is in danger of breaking down.
- We could not deliver ourselves from the corrupt and oppressive system of taxation.
- The association's policy is that the NHS should continue to be funded from central taxation.
- A favourable system of taxation has led to the Bahamas becoming an important financial centre.
- At other times the carnivores move things in the direction of lower taxation.
- Those involved in Lets and time banks argue that no taxation should be due on the services traded.
- Because it has a small and wealthy population it needs to raise less revenue from taxation than other states.
- The government can say taxation is at an all-time low but that is only true of direct taxation.
- Increasing taxation is the only way to pay for services like public hospitals.
- Low taxation creates a virtuous circle, leading to more money and employment for all.
- In effect, while not a tax, zakaah seems to be a more equitable form of levy than taxation on income.
- They have added more taxes and more concessions, so that the taxation system is now a labyrinth.
- He has repeatedly said he wants to see a switch from indirect taxation to taxation on income.
- Thanks to low taxation, alcohol in Japan is comparatively cheap and is consumed with vigour.
- It's vital we reform local democracy so people regard local taxation as money well spent.
- Further measures are likely to follow, particularly in the area of corporate and capital taxation.
- Liberal Democrats want a fair system of local taxation related to ability to pay.
- He said the vast bulk of claims against accountants were not for audit work but for taxation work.
- These assets were paid for by our forefathers through money raised through local taxation.
- Tax is an interesting one, as the criticism is raised that high taxation reduces the incentive to make money.
- Many smokers would support action by the government to deal with the regressive nature of tobacco taxation.
- The Government didn't want to reduce taxation as that would cut into the money it had to spend.
- Recent changes to taxation laws in Portugal have also increased interest in the region.
- I personally believe that the correct way to help families is through the taxation system.
- The intention is to force up unemployment, drive down wages and reduce taxation.
- He acknowledges that Sinn Féin is not trying to present itself as a party of low taxation.
- He claimed finance purely from taxation would be unable to fund the investment needed over the next few years.
- The paradigm of direct taxation is income tax, the paradigm of indirect taxation is a tax on sales.
- Tax experts have been quick to point out the legitimacy of the Irish taxation system.
- The difference between the flows of taxation and expenditure is the fiscal surplus or deficit.
- The wars of the period necessitated the heaviest direct taxation since the 1650s.
- At present, we pay for roads indirectly through fuel and vehicle duties and council and national taxation.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.