In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1impuestoscargas fiscalesmasculine sistema tributariomasculine sistema fiscalmasculine régimen tributariomasculine régimen fiscalthe level of taxation is too high — los impuestos son demasiado altos
- to reduce/increase taxation — reducir/aumentar los impuestos
- to be subject to/exempt from taxation — estar sujeto al/exento del pago de impuestos
- before noun taxation system — sistema tributario
- These assets were paid for by our forefathers through money raised through local taxation.
- It is hard not to conclude that our entire system of taxation is in danger of breaking down.
- Low taxation creates a virtuous circle, leading to more money and employment for all.
- They have added more taxes and more concessions, so that the taxation system is now a labyrinth.
- He said the vast bulk of claims against accountants were not for audit work but for taxation work.
- Increasing taxation is the only way to pay for services like public hospitals.
- At other times the carnivores move things in the direction of lower taxation.
- Because it has a small and wealthy population it needs to raise less revenue from taxation than other states.
- At present, we pay for roads indirectly through fuel and vehicle duties and council and national taxation.
- He acknowledges that Sinn Féin is not trying to present itself as a party of low taxation.
- The government can say taxation is at an all-time low but that is only true of direct taxation.
- Tax on capital gains provides an incentive to place capital in the member country with the lowest level of taxation.
- The taxation system that is now in place in this country is terribly complex.
- The association's policy is that the NHS should continue to be funded from central taxation.
- But that would still involve taxation to channel these revenues into public spending.
- It's vital we reform local democracy so people regard local taxation as money well spent.
- Income tax rate will not be increased and the progressive taxation system will be preserved.
- The Government didn't want to reduce taxation as that would cut into the money it had to spend.
- He has repeatedly said he wants to see a switch from indirect taxation to taxation on income.
- They are, or at least were, the party of small government, low taxation and the national interest.
- We could not deliver ourselves from the corrupt and oppressive system of taxation.
- This is best achieved by unashamedly making the Tories a party of low taxation.
- As offensive as I find this system, it is not the basis for taxation in the United States today.
- He claimed finance purely from taxation would be unable to fund the investment needed over the next few years.
- The difference between the flows of taxation and expenditure is the fiscal surplus or deficit.
- Recent changes to taxation laws in Portugal have also increased interest in the region.
- In effect, while not a tax, zakaah seems to be a more equitable form of levy than taxation on income.
- I personally believe that the correct way to help families is through the taxation system.
- Many smokers would support action by the government to deal with the regressive nature of tobacco taxation.
- The problem arises when health spending is directed through the state, or is funded by taxation.
- Tax experts have been quick to point out the legitimacy of the Irish taxation system.
- Liberal Democrats want a fair system of local taxation related to ability to pay.
- The wars of the period necessitated the heaviest direct taxation since the 1650s.
- Tax is an interesting one, as the criticism is raised that high taxation reduces the incentive to make money.
- Further measures are likely to follow, particularly in the area of corporate and capital taxation.
- The paradigm of direct taxation is income tax, the paradigm of indirect taxation is a tax on sales.
- Those involved in Lets and time banks argue that no taxation should be due on the services traded.
- The intention is to force up unemployment, drive down wages and reduce taxation.
- A favourable system of taxation has led to the Bahamas becoming an important financial centre.
- Thanks to low taxation, alcohol in Japan is comparatively cheap and is consumed with vigour.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.