In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- While taking a fare to Taipo, he saw another taxicab with the identical license plate number.
- It is believed, however, that a limit on the supply of drivers alone, will not improve quality and income potential for drivers to the same degree as the proposed introduction of new taxicab licenses.
- The technique has been popular for years among businesses with large liability exposures, such as tobacco and taxicab companies.
- In fact, police say they did find a gun, on the floorboard in front of the passenger-side seat of the taxicab.
- The taxicab fare to downtown Toronto is approximately $39 plus tip, with no extra charge for additional passengers.
- ‘Major national retailers’ are not individuals to whom you return negotiable bonds found in the back seat of a taxicab.
- After the driver brought him to the River Overlook Hotel, he gave the taxi driver a sixteen percent tip on his fare, and took his baggage out of the taxicab's trunk.
- On Seventh Avenue, slack-jawed visitors scrambled for digital cameras, and taxicabs actually slowed down for something other than a fare.
- But what if the car was used not for pleasure but purely as a means of transport, like the taxicab?
- Joining them across the United States were lumbermen, fishermen, merchant marines, taxicab drivers, and inmates at Folsom, Attica, and Statesville.
- No doubt, it is the bazillions of lights, taxicabs, shadow-casting skyscrapers, and bustling pace that incite my heart to pump a little faster.
- It's easy to get around St. Martin by bus or taxicab - and you should definitely take a tour - but the French side has the more picturesque anchorages.
- Circumstances cause Vincent to hijack Max's taxicab, and Max becomes collateral - an expendable person in the wrong place at the wrong time.
- Ask porters and taxicab drivers to carry your luggage whenever possible.
- At 11:00 pm, he took a taxicab to return to the Hyatt Hotel.
- The view from the back of any taxicab in Greece is a character-building experience.
- At 8:30 am, the work was done here and the American reporter left by taxicab.
- I was in a taxicab riding around with the cab driver asking him about his business.
- I love reading those ridiculous ‘Riders' Bill of Rights’ things posted in taxicabs throughout the country.
- This is phase I of a project that will eventually be extended to include arming all drivers of any sort of public transportation, including city buses, subway trains, and taxicabs.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.