In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Carrying a baby for nine months is very taxing, emotionally and physically.
- The flight-training program that normally took three years was condensed to a physically and emotionally taxing six months.
- For Hoffman, acting is taxing, demanding and isolating.
- Nothing particularly taxing, and the car behaved as you would expect it to, reliably, comfortably but not excitingly.
- Julius Drake plays his part with dedication and conviction, particularly in the dissonant sections where Ives' demands are extremely taxing.
- His left lung should be able to sustain him, but he'll never be able to perform any physically taxing job again.
- Driving buses is physically and emotionally taxing, with increasing demands for customer service, working congested routes, avoiding road rage, and dealing with schoolchildren.
- It's physically taxing, too, relying as it does on lightning-fast footwork, deep lunges and swift parries.
- Physical stress is caused by misuse or overuse of the body, such as exercising too much or working for extended periods at a job that is physically taxing.
- In this case the company reassigned the drivers to less physically taxing jobs.
- They offer a comprehensive understanding of electronic mediums that most people find mentally taxing and tedious.
- Haggling over the prices of groceries can be a taxing job, but Delhi's home-makers may finally breathe easy.
- The episode features three locale shifts and two car chases - taxing under ideal circumstances, inexcusable when the crew is exhausted and the budget trimmed.
- But can you imagine how taxing this must be on their self esteems?
- But still, calves or no calves, the demands of balancing an education with extracurricular responsibilities are taxing indeed.
- ‘Doing everything on your own had been quite taxing but without the car I would have felt quite stranded’, she says.
- It is all very good but towards the end the power of music becomes taxing to the senses as too much cake would become to the stomach.
- Writing one novel must be taxing, but writing a novel within a novel within a novel within a novel must be nigh on impossible.
- This whole situation must be really taxing for you.
- The long course takes about two hours of physically taxing skiing.
2(mentally)(problem/question) difícil(question/problem) complicado(job) difícil(job) que exige mucho
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.