In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- This way you can save the charity tax, and higher rate taxpayers can even cut their own personal tax bills.
- Were it not for taxes, the taxpayer would have spent his money on his own consumption.
- Is it ethical to waste the time of patients and staff and taxpayers ' money?
- That is why taxpayers ' money is not being spent on an eradication attempt at this time.
- At the very least, this flaw wastes huge sums of taxpayers ' money and police officers' time.
- Since the ratepayer is also a taxpayer, much of that grant will have come out of his own income tax.
- A special dividend would have meant higher rate taxpayers would have had to pay additional tax.
- Tax experts say this is one of the biggest money savers of which taxpayers are ignorant.
- Traffic calming measures across the centre of Devizes, what a waste of taxpayers ' money!
- How do the citizens and taxpayers of Utah benefit from your proposed legislation?
- All the remaining costs arising from sexual abuse cases will fall on the taxpayer.
- We do not believe that the taxpayer should bear the cost of benefits accruing to a few in society.
- Who voted for these measures, for which the taxpayer has been forced to foot the bill?
- It is a pointless plan and a waste of the taxpayers ' money in a time of government cutbacks.
- The message exhorted is that we should spend a lot of taxpayers ' money on it despite a lack of evidence of benefit.
- It is a sample taken from one state agency to remind taxpayers how their money is spent.
- Instead, he wants to use taxpayers money to help the losers, and there will be many.
- Should this benefit be conferred on the few at the cost of the taxpayer at large?
- His spokesman added that the move would not cost taxpayers any extra money.
- If you're a higher-rate taxpayer, you get income tax relief on your dividends too.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.