In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1té bailable masculineté danzante masculine
- The tea dance will be held at Bexhill Hall from 2-6 pm, featuring serial lippy wearer Vanessa Wagner as mistress of ceremonies.
- We wanted to do a tea dance, more like 3-11 p.m., but now it's more like day clubbing: we go from 10 in the morning till 5 at night.
- But the tea dance sounded and looked like it used to.
- It is also profoundly touching when the Wallflowers and the Dream Girl, three adolescent girls, sit, bored and uncomfortable, eager and afraid, hoping to be chosen at a tea dance.
- And on Sunday Feb; 20th a tea dance will be held in the Bridge Hotel.
- This week Kilkeel Community Association had its monthly tea dance.
- A creative writing workshop will be held in Brownes Road Library on Tuesday next May 18th and an afternoon tea dance will take place in Carrick-On Suir on Sunday 23rd May.
- Running in conjunction with the celebrations is the 19th Day of Dance next weekend which will see 51 dance, music and song workshops, a family ceilidh on Saturday evening and a tea dance on Sunday afternoon.
- Tonight at the tea dance she looks every inch the forces' sweetheart, dressed in a brown floral dress copied from a vintage Vogue pattern and round-toed dance shoes.
- A tea dance in aid of the British Heart Foundation takes place today.
- Built in 1969, the 45-room hotel is not only the town's largest employer during the summer but a social hub for gay men, offering a lively daytime pool scene along with its crowded tea dance.
- There will be a tea dance in the Ard Ri Hotel on Sunday, February 9, from 3-6pm.
- And, if that's not enough, you'll still have a dance on Saturday night, brunch on Sunday and a tea dance on Sunday night.
- The workshops will be followed by a family ceilidh tonight and a tea dance with Rennie Stirk and Gwen Abbott tomorrow afternoon.
- The Kilkenny tea dance will take place on October 15th and those interested in attending should give their names to the secretary at the meeting.
- They also combined with another Probus club for a tea dance which drew on to the dance floor a lot of people who had not danced for aeons.
- The Waterford Active Retirement Association will hold their next tea dance on this Sunday, March 13, at the Hotel Minella, Clonmel.
- Versatility is the key to the business which he approaches as a challenge to entertain, whether at playing at a tea dance, in a restaurant or at a jazz festival.
- Hall Place, Bourne Road, Bexley, will hold a tea dance in the Great Hall from 4pm to 7pm on April 9.
- The tea dance will be held on May 5 from 2pm to 4pm at the Wyvern Club, Devizes, with a live band to play everyone's wartime favourites.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.