In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1rosa (de) té feminine
- It blooms from June to late October and has amazing fall color with a slight tea rose fragrance.
- The most commonly planted type of bush rose is the hybrid tea rose.
- A few years ago, your magazine cover showcased a new hybrid tea rose called ‘Sunset Celebration’.
- The rose gardens contain many commercially available roses, such as floribundas, grandifloras and hybrid tea roses.
- The roses were assorted, long stem, tea roses, red, yellow, pink, white, you name it, he had it.
- Dig out that hybrid tea rose that suffers from black spot and replace it with an easy-going butterfly bush.
- Typically the orchid Coelogyne cristata with its gold and white bloom was used, as were the apricot buds of tea roses.
- Hybrid tea roses open slowly - and only once - and terminate their life by petal abscission.
- The Association has already given the Queen 50 rose bushes for her garden at Buckingham Palace, and Gracious Queen, a scented hybrid tea rose, has been planted at Balmoral and Holyroodhouse Palace in Scotland.
- Prune back your hybrid tea roses, any overgrown forsythia and flowering quince branches and remove the dead, diseased and damaged branches from all trees and shrubs as you tidy up this time of year.
- Unlike the stiff and fussy hybrid tea roses, these roses make excellent landscape shrubs.
- Fall pruning of hybrid tea roses should consist of removing some of the top, brushy growth.
- They provide the foundation of many hybrid tea roses seen today.
- The amount of protection a hybrid tea rose needs depends on the climate.
- After all, this is not a genteel poem about angels, carousels, and tea roses.
- Your tulip buds and hybrid tea roses are dessert.
- Dusting with rose powder is recommended for tea roses to keep off black spot and powdery mildew.
- Unlike it's haughty cousin, the hybrid tea rose, which takes endless tending, spraying and deadheading, an antique rose is almost carefree.
- I had my own little garden in the orchard, where I grew hybrid tea roses.
- Imagine the light of a new day softly illuminating the velvet petals of a hybrid tea rose.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.