In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- But what may have been most interesting about the teach-in was what the speakers persistently ignored.
- No one does conferences, workshops and teach-ins better than those well-intentioned and passionate liberal Christians.
- Think of all the events, teach-ins, conferences, discussions, ‘debates,’ that have been held.
- Across the country, there are teach-ins and seminars and conferences remembering Brown.
- Other forms of grassroots education include talks, workshops, teach-ins, conferences and independent classes.
- Supporters established websites and organized rallies and teach-ins around the country, demanding that members of Congress stop the persecution of Lee.
- Their website offers educational material for teach-ins.
- Anti-war movement teach-ins, discussion meetings and debates continue to attract large and enthusiastic audiences across Britain.
- For years activists have called attention to the plight of the Palestinians through protests, teach-ins, and seminars.
- We have had candlelight vigils, rallies, lobbying efforts, town meetings, teach-ins of various sorts.
- These coalitions should organise discussion groups, teach-ins and debates in every school, college and workplace.
- In the meantime, we should be organizing teach-ins and town meetings on electoral democracy.
- The Carnival will include workshops, teach-ins, concerts, conferences, cabarets, street theatre, protests, and direct action.
- Use it as a springboard for a teach-in, discuss it in classes…
- Throughout the week, the education workers plan to set up a tent at the Education Ministry and to conduct teach-ins to inform the public about their plight.
- A noon-time rally was followed by debates, teach-ins and panel discussions that lasted the entire afternoon.
- All who disagreed openly were barred from the radical teach-in at the public school.
- The caravanistas teamed up with local organizers to host panel discussions, town hail meetings, workshops, teach-ins, street theatre, speak outs, media conferences, rallies, marches and puppet making.
- It will bring together activists from across the hemisphere and feature workshops, conferences, teach-ins, and demonstrations.
- In Seattle itself the week of the meeting was paralleled by literally hundreds of lectures, workshops, teach-ins, seminars and debates about the WTO.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.