In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1profesor masculineprofesora femininedocente feminine formalenseñante masculine formalprimary school teacher — maestro masculine
- he is an English teacher or a teacher of English — es profesor de inglés
- experience is the best teacher — la experiencia es la mejor maestra
- He paid tribute to the hard work of teachers and trusted teachers to do their job.
- Make notes if you feel there is anything that you wish to discuss with a particular teacher.
- Talk to your teacher and ask them if they think there may be a reason for the low grade.
- Schools and teachers that cherish the interests of their pupils should not fear it.
- My entire class was making a noise waiting for the teacher to turn up for a music lesson.
- In fact I have picked it up again several more times just to annoy my history teacher.
- Staff at a Swindon school say a teacher who accused of assaulting a pupil is bearing up well.
- Do any of you really believe that a teacher sits at home plotting how to make a fuss about any one kid at school?
- So the rebel with a cause has transformed into the history teacher we all wish we'd had.
- Then you can also go through the paper with a teacher and see how to improve it.
- Art teachers often instruct students to close one eye in order to flatten what they see.
- Training is given to schools as well as resource material for teachers to use in class.
- The crush you had on the history teacher was so obvious it could be seen a mile off.
- Also victims of bullying are not given any sort of support from teachers at all.
- Jobsharing can thus be seen as a valuable tool to helping schools retain teachers.
- He stepped up to the desk and spoke in a hushed whisper to my history teacher, Mrs Burton.
- And by the time we go to high school our teachers will be impressed with what we can do.
- On the first day of the new school year the teachers are crackling with enthusiasm.
- Sally is now a teacher in a Thai primary school teaching English using song and dance.
- At the Catholic Junior School a teacher caned me for talking to the boy next to me.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.