In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1hospital clínico masculinehospital de clínicas masculine River Plate
- The United States has 130 training programmes in universities, medical schools, teaching hospitals, colleges, and the armed forces.
- Hospitals were classified as district hospitals or teaching hospitals.
- Dandenong, a major trauma center, is a teaching hospital for undergraduate and graduate medical and nursing students.
- In the United States the system is very homogeneous and there is not much difference in the substance of training between premier teaching hospitals and ordinary inner city hospitals.
- The authors assessed patients who were attending anticoagulation clinics in five Canadian teaching hospitals.
- We based this review on our extensive clinical experience in managing patients in a dedicated tinea capitis clinic at a teaching hospital.
- Even at elite teaching hospitals affiliated with medical schools, more than one-quarter don't receive them.
- The selected general practitioners regularly referred to the teaching hospital and some also used the district hospital.
- One hundred patients were recruited at the gynaecology clinic of a teaching hospital.
- The current expansion may not be sustainable without increased resources to convert service hospitals to teaching hospitals.
- Variation between the teaching hospital and individual non-teaching hospitals reduced over time.
- He had been referred to a teaching hospital's neurosurgical clinic but was told that he needed $200 up front to walk in the door.
- In comparison, the previous survey found that 44% of hospitals were teaching hospitals affiliated with medical schools.
- Comprehensive genetic services centers are available in the United States, usually located within large medical centers or teaching hospitals.
- With an increase in turnover of clinical practitioners at the teaching hospitals, it requires more time to train new instructors.
- They studied women who were referred to a Scottish teaching hospital's gynecology clinic for treatment of menorrhagia.
- Whereas many medical advances are slowly brought into practice, clinicians in teaching hospitals are often assumed to be early adopters of new medical advances.
- We could transfer more teaching out of the traditional teaching hospitals to district general hospitals.
- This 772-bed tertiary care university medical center is a teaching hospital.
- My mother and grandmother had been nurses, and I had become a medical writer at a teaching hospital after graduating from college.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.