In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1madera de teca feminineteca feminine
- There was a time when outdoor furniture was either teak, aluminum, or plastic.
- Wood benches made from hardwood such as teak, redwood, mahogany, or cedar can stay outside year-round.
- Gone are the days when the rich, particularly the nouveau-rich, went in for traditional furniture in teak and stuff like that.
- Sometimes, outdoor teak furniture might even develop some tiny hairline cracks on the surface.
- At the custom level, tropical hardwoods such as teak and mahogany doors are also possible.
- Each comes with sleek teak Indonesian furniture, delicate bronze detailing, beautiful Tibetan rugs and Thai silk furnishings.
- Designed to blend in with the natural environment, this kind of outdoor furniture is usually constructed from hardy, durable woods like teak or redwood.
- Interestingly, all her designs come in mahogany, which Baseera describes as strong and durable as teak or rose.
- Some furniture, such as teak benches, cedar chairs and wrought iron table sets are designed so that they can be left in the elements year round.
- Gone are the days when valuable timber like rosewood and teak were considered predominant for construction works and furniture making.
- Many of the ceilings were originally of New Zealand timbers such as teak and mansonia, some of which have now been covered up with false fibreglass ceilings.
- Tents are essentially small stately homes under canvas - teak furniture, proper beds, flush WCs, bucket showers, laundry service.
- It is in good decorative order, and features include timber floors, new teak sash windows, a restored chapel, and a new roof.
- The caravan interiors seemed to be stuck in a 1960s time warp, with pink velvet seats, patterned carpets and lots of teak furniture.
- To the right is a large kitchen with terracotta tiled floor, vaulted timber ceiling and teak windows set into exterior walls that are at least 3 feet thick.
- The 2 monks carved in teak donated by Deva Furniture & Art Objects was bought by Kevin Smith for 10,000 baht.
- Holmes had a granite chin and was as durable as teak.
- With evidence like that, it's not at all hard to see why teak is commonly used in the construction, shipbuilding, and outdoor furniture industry.
- And those willing to pay a little more, say 10-15 per cent, can get furniture made of pure teak, for a good bargain.
- The highest quality teak furniture will also be fully machine made.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.