In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Sport Gamesequipo masculine(captain) del equipo(game) de equipothe players on / (British) in my team — los jugadores de mi equipo
- Players win games, and when teams have the right coach in the right situation, they win titles.
- In this case, each player in a team plays a separate game with one of the opposing pair.
- In a very competitive game both teams played some brilliant football.
- For the most part, hockey is truly a team game in a sports world that sells individuals.
- That doesn't seem fair to players on teams that don't qualify for post-season games.
- This money is then paid into a pool, which is then paid out to players from each team in every game as weekly bonuses.
- Each team member played six games, earning a point for a win and half a point for a draw.
- Pate now reads the sports pages everyday to keep up-to-date with the latest teams, games and players.
- Guiseley have had a big influx of players for all their teams at pre-season training.
- Previous England rugby sides, and England teams in many other sports, would have crumbled under the weight of such errors.
- The crowd at the port city turned out to be the most sporting, with players of both teams applauded for good cricket.
- The mixed bag was welcome start to the season, with many new players of the home team playing their first game.
- There are also many games in which players are split into teams which compete against each other.
- Sports stars have been invited to visit the borough schools in a bid to promote team games and competitive sports.
- The feature also discusses the great games, teams, and players of the tournament through the years.
- If team sports and ball games are not your thing, the romance of swords, and bows and arrows may appeal.
- Rather, it is the level that separates whether a player helps his team win or lose games.
- Women's sport, especially in team games, is yet to provide the same appeal as men's.
- Cricket is a team game and yet on this tour too many players have hidden or avoided responsibility.
- Our game is the toughest team sport in the world and success has to be earned the hard way.
2(in motor racing)escudería feminine
3(of co-workers)equipo masculine(leader) del equipothey make a good team — forman un buen equipo
- it was a team effort — fue un trabajo de equipo
- This is despite the considerable efforts of a team of would-be rescuers.
- Now we see him together with a team of fifty people execute a plan and successfully separate the twin girls.
- We got a team of people trying to get the documentation that will tell us what came down.
- A team of seven people has already signed-up from the Gazette, but Sallie and Clive want to hear from you.
- With the exception of Lee Grantham they were part of a team of individuals who organised and carried out the execution.
- They should have a proven ability to lead a team of people, be self-motivated and adaptable.
- The nation-wide search to find a team of new journalists was run during the summer and was a huge success.
- Having said that I am going to run a very vigorous campaign and I have a team of workers anxious to get going.
- The council has won a pledge of £200,000 to put together a team of people to shape the future of the West End.
- Australia was a penal settlement at the time, and a team of convict labourers were set about the task.
- A team of workers has just hit the streets to drop off leaflets, knock on doors and talk to local people about the new service.
- This strategy said services should be provided by a team of specialists working together.
- The gym will have state-of-the-art equipment and will be serviced by a team of specialist fitness staff.
- So it was good to be out on the water, with a team of people and be forced to put the work in.
- The Association is managed by a team of full time staff who report to a voluntary board of directors.
- A team of lawyers and staff from Hammonds have devoted time and energy to fund-raising.
- She stressed the city council was not abandoning archaeology and would still employ a team of archaeologists.
- Twice the size of a normal bike, the bronze Fat Boy Harley has been made by a team of eight workers and taken six months to complete.
- Each day a team of 30 staff start work at 6am to try to keep the Harrogate District free of litter.
- The move will mean two paid staff will lose their jobs and a team of 11 volunteer workers will be left without a cause to help.
4masculine tirofeminine yuntafeminine traílla
- Who would have thought that not even two teams of the strongest horses would be able to pull apart hemispheres enclosing a near vacuum?
- The latter seating four adults plus the driver and was pulled by a team of horses.
- The rigid collar and tandem harness allowed teams to pull with equal strength and greater efficiency.
- Throughout the war years hay was cut and raked with horse teams pulling the equipment.
- That shadow passing in front of the moon, was that a team of reindeer pulling a sleigh through the sky?
- Two teams of horses pulled each wagon and each driver had a crossbow rider with him.
- In winter, teams of horses dragged sledges loaded with cut logs across frozen lakes.
- Four months later he brought a team of horses to the Festival and landed the new juvenile handicap hurdle with Dabiroun.
- He used an old steam boiler, filled with rocks, which was pulled by a horse or bullock team.
- He jiggled the reigns and clucked at his team of midnight-black horses.
- Romon called over his shoulder as he clucked the team of horses into motion.
- Snow and dirt fly from the horses' hooves as teams of horses rocket down a frozen, snow-covered track.
- It was also reckoned to take three years to train the teams of men and horses effectively.
- Once pursed, the entire seine then had to be hauled ashore by teams of men and horses.
- It must have seemed strange driving a team of horses pushing a machine from behind, but I suppose they soon got used to it.
- His team pulled the sled deep into the night, Jason shouting orders left and right while he stood on the runners at the back of the sled.
- Celebration was order of the day for Clare Chappelhow and her team of horses at Blackdyke.
- I don't know about you, but I'm not about to trade in my minivan for a buggy and a team of horses any time soon.
- The CFD was also fully mobilized using fire wagons pulled by horse teams.
- Before examining groups and teams in animal societies, it is important to understand both the nature of work and tasks.
1to team with sth — combinar con algo
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.