In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1espíritu de equipo masculinecompañerismo masculine
- This must be an indication that team spirit and morale was not as good as it should be.
- The Bolton players and the directors, he insists, are determined not to let the row affect the Reebok team spirit.
- These characteristics of good morale and team spirit were evident in Kerry's last few matches.
- We need that sense of purpose, that loyalty and team spirit that we had in the past.
- He doesn't rule by fear, preferring instead to foster team spirit and loyalty.
- Working together to learn and improve each week fosters team spirit and enthusiasm.
- Coach Wayne Wiblin, who has imbued a wonderful team spirit among the players, concurs.
- As the Olympic games move into week two, it's interesting to note that team spirit may play as much of a role as individual talent.
- There is a lot of talk about team spirit and camaraderie but I think we showed plenty of that.
- He was renowned for putting together a side that forged their team spirit on nights out and plenty of them.
- However, a very good team spirit was in our favour and this will stand us in good stead for next season.
- The last few days and nights are a good indication of team spirit and camaraderie among the teams.
- They failed, but their impressive team spirit should take them back up.
- The Lions gave an outstanding performance, playing with immense pride and team spirit.
- Kenny's top priority was, at all times building up unity, team spirit and pride in the jersey.
- Given the level of morale and team spirit in the camp at the moment, it would be no surprise if the winning run is extended all the way to headquarters.
- During the course of that game Derry showed all the symptoms of a team that had very poor morale and team spirit.
- They say a change is as good as a rest, and one day away from work helping a local project could be a superb way to boost morale and team spirit.
- From my own personal experience I know it is not just what happens on the park that affects team spirit.
- It has also allowed him to tweak the squad, bolster team spirit and confidence levels.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.