1the movie is a real tearjerker — la película es un verdadero dramón informal
- The one that really got me going, though, and far more suitable for my bass-baritone, was a real tear-jerker of the kind we loved way back when.
- It's not that the movie was sappy or even a tear-jerker.
- I think I may give the Victorian tear-jerkers a miss from now on, though, and turn to some good, sigh-raising Torch Songs.
- The rest of what was put on was mostly farce; light comedies, very often French, sentimental tear-jerkers and vaudeville.
- I say this although I did not especially like the film, which I found a tear-jerker of the old school.
- As a tear-jerker, the film could tug at the ducts a little less fervently and still maintain its desired effect.
- Part of the JM Barrie biopic was filmed at Richmond Theatre, giving Birrell a special affinity with the tear-jerker.
- A real tear-jerker is the scene where Madelon, an old woman who has already lost her son and a grandson in the war, offers her last grandson as a soldier.
- It's not as hokey as a lot of films, and it's not a tear-jerker really, but it's good on more levels than just the jokes, that's for sure.
- When her character (played by Winona Ryder) leaves the psychiatric institution never to return, the film takes a turn toward the tear-jerker.
- At times, the book is reminiscent of a Victorian tear-jerker.
- What starts out as a formulaic high school love story of opposites attracting abruptly changes into a maudlin tear-jerker.
- With the serial makers trying all the tricks in their hats to impress the audience, already inundated with tear-jerkers, more encounters like this could be in the offing.
- That's not to say it's devoid of feeling, it's just there are no cloying resolutions or scenes written as tear-jerkers.
- The production houses that churn out soaps for the mini-screen in quick succession have taken it for granted that tear-jerkers and low comedy are in great demand among family audiences.
- Directed by Aroona Irani who also acts in it, its hour long-episodes have of late been hitting enough of an emotional pitch to delight those who love a well-made tear-jerker.
- It was a tear-jerker all right, but not for the reasons you expect.
- In particular, the latter is a blues-rock tear-jerker with a gentle, memorable chorus.
- Talk about a tear-jerker, imagine 300 pages on the subject of crying.
- Given the fact that this film is a Hollywood tear-jerker, the combination of this with the extreme violence and the demonisation cannot fail to incite hatred of the Jewish people.