In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in UK)escuela politécnica feminineinstituto de formación profesional masculineuniversidad del trabajo feminine
- He said government departments had bursary schemes in technikons and technical colleges to provide learners with financial assistance.
- However, post-secondary education is offered at a teachers' training college, a technical college, and a nursing school.
- This article will review how community and technical colleges have provided skill upgrade training in the past, and how these efforts have been funded.
- At the same time community and technical colleges have experienced cuts in state and local funding resulting in added pressure for continuing education divisions to be fully self-supported.
- The two-year colleges included both community colleges and technical colleges where college degree level courses were offered.
- This democratization of learning has resulted in the development of nearly 1,200 community and technical colleges across the United States.
- Only 15 percent of children from poor families go to the more specialised technical colleges and universities.
- Many of these are not universities, but technical colleges and institutions where computer and language skills are honed.
- Specialist schools, and technical colleges used to be the norm for those sorts of qualifications, and a very good job they did too.
- The essence of the document's argument was that public schools and technical colleges had to compete with each other and with private providers for shrinking education funds.
- It generally takes twelve years to obtain a high school diploma or senior certificate which is required to continue studies at a technical college or university.
- The Republic has three different types of schools: grammar schools for the most academic students, technical colleges for the vocationally minded and secondary moderns for general studies.
- At the same time, a group of engineering students from the technical college formed a club and asked to join the partnership.
- Among the oldest of the technical colleges is the Higher Institute of Agriculture, which was founded in 1962.
- From school he was enrolled in a technical college - this was considered the most practical option, as a child from his background was expected to support the family from a young age.
- Universities and technical colleges offer several potential benefits to industry.
- In the 1960s and 1970s, new universities were founded, including the first regional university and a number of technical colleges and teacher training colleges.
- It is also ideal as an educational tool for university, technical college and high school engineering and industrial design departments.
- A number of private universities are discussing plans to merge with technical colleges.
- We are being told that community and technical colleges are integral to the economic and workforce success of the country.
en Esp; en Ur
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.