In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1masculine K. O. técnico
- It was the first time in his career that he had been beaten by a technical knockout.
- Ali was not at his best, but won with an 11 th-round technical knockout.
- He scored a technical knockout early in the first round.
- However, the return might take a little longer as South African boxing rules insist a fighter be suspended for two months after a technical knockout defeat.
- He scored a brilliant third-round technical knockout in a battle which saw both fighters staggering across the ring.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.