In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The writers also rejected phonics as a technique for teaching spelling.
- However photographic techniques have been used to investigate the separate stages.
- It's strange how even construction techniques in the tropics can seem exotic.
- The construction technique was used extensively from little shanties to small village chapels.
- Katharine's work, by contrast, uses the traditional technique of wheel engraving.
- There are several psychological techniques to help people cope with dementia.
- The latest scientific and forensic techniques are being applied to evidence in the case as part of a review.
- With modern surgical techniques, the limb that was once doomed to amputation can often be saved.
- The clinic uses conventional and alternative techniques to audit your general health.
- They also say that an undisclosed Mediterranean country has agreed to allow the technique to be carried out.
- The simple answer to this is that there are always new scientific techniques which can reveal more and more.
- We wouldn't be able to license immediately, we would need to go through the procedures for a novel technique.
- The narrative technique is traditional to the point of being old-fashioned, as mentioned above.
- Even when the printing technique changed, the images were still based on those plates.
- There are two surgical techniques that can be successfully used for osteoarthritis.
- It is becoming a scientific technique for controlling the child's development.
- This might not be too bad if each surgeon carried out both techniques because there would be some sort of balance.
- Canopy management techniques are used to maintain yield and wine quality in such situations.
- Patients in the surgery group were operated on by surgeons using a surgical technique of their choice.
- According to the scientists, the technique could be adapted for use in separating minerals.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.