In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tecnología feminineto make advances in technology — hacer adelantos tecnológicos
- we don't yet have the technology to isolate the virus — todavía no poseemos la tecnología que nos permitiría aislar el virus
- It will need better burning technologies, cleaner traffic and more sustainable energy.
- These new technologies can be useful, if we apply them to practical problems.
- The momentum of this present economy derives from the speed of its underpinning technologies.
- The first has led to nuclear technologies, while the second has opened the way to biotechnology.
- In so doing the technologies had to be designed and adapted for the different settings.
- New technologies in medicine are crucial and will have an enormous impact.
- However, the realities of these technologies have lagged behind the promises.
- Shell is investing in renewable energy technologies such as solar, wind power and wave power.
- This creates the incentives for people to shift to cleaner technologies and fuels.
- As with all new technologies, costs are expected to fall as the products become more ubiquitous.
- He also looked at how our expectations of what the new technologies would do for our lives had been frustrated.
- This is not propitious for making the most of our exciting new technologies.
- The lead times for developing new technologies in the nuclear industry are very long.
- Together, these technologies are set to revolutionise the way we watch and record television.
- The story of the transformation in physical technologies comes in two quite distinct stages.
- The human response to these technologies was a myriad of attempts to capitalize on them for good and for profit.
- What are the latest technologies that are ready for sale or which you are already selling?
- Thirdly, there is a need for serious investment in research into new energy technologies.
- How do we define and protect public values when we are only just beginning to see mass public use of these technologies?
- How do we use technologies to extend ourselves rather than avoid ourselves?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.