In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tecnófilo masculinetecnófila feminine
- Moreover, despite the enthusiasm of the technophiles, putting disparate functions together doesn't necessarily attract buyers.
- What began as a pet project for technophiles has become a multibillion-dollar industry, with uses ranging from untethered computers in the home to major networking connections for telecommunications giants.
- The latest trend among technophiles is to communicate through video logs online journals replete with film clips shot on digital video cameras.
- Although he was certainly not a technophile, he was not against technology in itself.
- Some may still regard the Internet as a place for student and technophiles, but people of all ages are now online. To prove it, there are now dozens of websites dedicated to the more mature Internet user.
- While many technophiles have been willing to make such a deal, the average user might not.
- The technophiles and apparent technophobes at the conference seldom engaged closely with each other's presentations and ideas.
- A magazine is also being launched and technophiles can even play the game on their mobile phones.
- Is this a revolt by the hard-core technophiles?
- I don't believe that it's worth paying for, and I can't imagine anyone but a few technophiles buying and deploying it.
- Mr Thomas said the steady increase in sales was being driven now by family buyers, rather than hardened technophiles.
- Do not panic - the book is not targeted at technophiles.
- However, what may be lacking for the extreme technophiles will not be at all distracting for the average filmgoer.
- This look at the current status of robot evolution will intrigue technophiles, sci-fi fans and those with an interest in the social sciences alike.
- We're going via a day's stopover in Tokyo and I'm travelling with some serious technophiles so it's going to be lots of fun.
- There's no way the media companies can fight the technophiles and win this battle.
- Handset quality remains a problem but this should not come as any great surprise to technophiles.
- If such technology manages to spread beyond the limits of the experiment and grow in availability it will surely provoke no end of debate between the technophiles and luddites of the arts community.
- There has to be room for the technophobes as well as the technophiles.
- Real technophiles will be disappointed about the limited scope of their game.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.