In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- I always brought along small cups of water to dampen the clay, so I could get a tee in the ground.
- Stick a tee into the ground on an angle, so that the top of it rests just behind the target side of the ball.
- Apparently, it is an easily seen landmark, as it looks like a giant golf ball sitting on an enormous tee.
- Golf is more than knocking a ball off a tee and into a hole.
- Stick another tee in the ground an inch beyond the toe and a third of an inch inside the heel.
- It was hard to bend over to put the tee in the ground, too, but I figured it out.
- You're probably better off experimenting with loft angles, low-spinning balls and longer tees to get the ideal trajectory.
- Too steep a swing path may often smash you tees into the ground.
- Eliot also selected a golf ball and, for good measure, a tee.
- As he does so, two tees fall out of his shirt pocket onto the ground.
- For example; if the man you are sending flowers to is a golfer, your personal florist may want to add golf balls or tees to the arrangement.
- A good drill for the practice green is to lay down tees beyond the hole and putt to them.
- In fact, take some popcorn to the practice tee and alternate hitting golf balls and pieces of popcorn.
- You can also assemble a basket of goodies; for example, if you know the prospect is a golfer, throw in some golf balls, a glove, tees, and a gift certificate for a local course.
- First, put two tees in the ground - one where the ball would be and another six inches ahead of the first.
- Stick a tee halfway into the ground and stand at address as if a ball were there.
- Next, place a second tee in the ground six inches in front of the ball you've teed.
- Place two tees in the ground about six inches apart, as shown above, with the one closer to you three inches closer to the target.
- Rick stuck the tee into the grass and set the golf ball on top.
- If you try to get the ball up with a scoop, you won't be able to get the tee out of the ground.
soporte para la pelota de golf
1.2(area)punto de salida masculinethe fifth tee — el punto de salida del quinto hoyo
- With less than two weeks before the first tee shot is struck, the details remained sketchy.
- Golfers who hit their first tee shot out into the woods are not ecstatic about it.
- Many times golf course tees and greens are constructed with materials such as calcareous sands that might require special testing.
- The last club I hit is the one I'm planning to use for my tee shot on the first hole of the day.
- The ground stretches away from an elevated tee towards a small lake.
- The 14-year-old, who is aiming to be a professional golfer, has a full-size practice green, including a choice of tees, five holes and even bunkers.
- His tee shot landed in the right-hand bunker and his first attempt at escape rolled back to his feet.
- He kept playing, but after hitting his tee shot on the sixth, he had to withdraw.
- Suddenly on the third hole, you are forced you to hit a tee shot from one peninsular to another, and the water you were admiring becomes your most perilous obstacle.
- To maximize the length of your tee shots, learn how to make contact with the ball on the upswing.
- The way the course is set up can also place a premium on working the tee shot.
- Guests can also access their e-mail and even see, via a webcam, how busy the first tee on the golf course is.
- People who'd see us on the practice tee thought we were fighting.
- One summer, a friend of mine was talking with him near the upper tee on the third hole.
- Golf carts on the tee can make ruts in the ground that can be difficult for the ground staff to repair.
- He has already taken his tee shot at the first hole and the injury is clearly hampering his swing.
- We are going to lengthen these two holes by adding new tees and repositioning the bunkers.
- Believe me, the game is a lot easier when your tee shots consistently find the short grass.
- His first tee shot on Thursday went straight into the crowd.
- Nowadays the curling 'tee' is the line through the centre of the 'house' in curling and is in fact the target not the release line, which is the 'hog' line.
- Two men played two quoits each against each other throwing them a distance of 18 yards, in aiming the quoit he was assisted by a "leader in" who crouched behind the tee holding a piece of paper.
blanco de ciertos juegos
1→ tee up
- Lighter tees and shorts are giving way to heavier long-sleeve sweaters and pants as we start to bundle up and gradually prepare for winter's grueling conditions.
- He felt her hand on his chest, just above the neckline of his tee.
- Close-fitting tees and tanks with loose pants work best.
- He wore baggy green pants and a flannel checkered shirt over a white tee.
- The look that seemed to work the best with all big men was a button-down shirt left open with a coordinated tee underneath.
- As with traditional tees, your best bet is cotton or even mesh.
- The layering of a chunky cardigan over a thin tee is just right and not too messy.
- I stepped out of the bathroom in light blue jeans, white tee, pale green over shirt, and socks.
- A small logo on the chest or back of your tee is classy, subtle and will match the rest of your training gear.
- Anything from a simple tee to a dressy blouse will work as long as it's fitted and cropped at the waist for a smooth fit.
- The tee can be found virtually anywhere, at any department store or retail store.
- Call them T-shirts, tee shirts or tees, they're still hot sellers on the trendy fashion scene.
- On any normal day, jeans and a tee would suit her fine.
- In concession to the October morning chill, she slipped a worn flannel shirt on over the tee.
- The trendsetting active wear includes velour sweat suits, tees, shorts, tank dresses and jeans.
- Get a few pairs of nice, washed dark denim jeans, a stylish cut dark blazer or sportcoat, a few pinstripe dress shirts, some tees with prints, a pair of stylish black shoes, and a black belt.
- Her long black hair was pulled back in a neat pony tail, and her striped tee with khaki capris told me one thing - today would be an adventure.
- In addition to boards, the collection, which has a modern Japanese artsy look, includes hoodie sweatshirts, tees, tanks, and skating paraphernalia.
- He was wearing some faded jeans and a vintage tee with a hat.
- I was running late one morning and quickly threw on a tee and capris.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.