In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(boy/son/girl/daughter) adolescente(fashions) juvenil(fashions) para adolescentesin their teenage years many people … — durante la adolescencia mucha gente …
- this is the latest teenage fad — esta es la última moda entre los adolescentes
- a teenage idol — un ídolo de los adolescentes
- Police have called on parents to help them win the battle against teenage tearaways.
- Figures released earlier this year showed a fall in the number of teenage pregnancies in the city.
- "We can sit with girls and talk with them, " said one teenage boy.
- As many teenage girls as boys are now consuming alcohol figures have revealed.
- Police have issued an appeal for help after a mystery man approached a teenage girl.
- At the same time there is also an increase in the rate of teenage pregnancies as well.
- Anyone can make a mistake but figures show that many of these teenage pregnancies are not mistakes.
- I think it is a sad reflection on society that teenage girls can get pregnant.
- This is one reason why Britain has the highest teenage pregnancy rate in Europe.
- Some teenage girls walked around in tight white vests, hot pants and high heels.
- Two teenage girls are helping to bring Christmas to homeless people in Bradford.
- We have more lone parents and teenage pregnancies than anywhere else in western Europe.
- Recent figures revealed that teenage girls are now beating boys in their bad drinking habits.
- I could see why almost every teenage girl in America was steadily falling in love with him.
- A report to the committee set out key elements of the teenage pregnancy strategy.
- I got the bus home yesterday and had to put up with a loud conversation from a group of teenage girls at the back of the bus.
- Apparently lots of teenage boys and girls are using blogs and it is hard to spot the gender differences.
- There is only one thing that leads to teenage pregnancy and that is teenage sex.
- It's a story about a teenage girl on a strange quest through a magical world.
- She had a passion for philosophy and the study of teenage angst and rebellion.
- It is targeted at teens and deals with complex teenage issues in a mature manner.
- As teenage boys we talked about girls a lot.
- Britain now has the highest rate of teenage pregnancy in Europe and the second highest in the world.
- TWO teenage girls who disappeared from home more than a fortnight ago have returned.
- Here teenage boys and girls who dropped out after primary school learn useful skills.
- The reduction of teenage pregnancies was a target for the Health of the Nation.
- Police have appealed for information about two teenage girls who went missing last weekend.
- Prevention of unwanted teenage pregnancies is a high priority in many countries.
- As a stepfather, I have first hand experience of mid and late teenage females.
- The teenage girl driver told police she was on her mobile phone at the time of the crash.
- The group is fresh out of high school and explores profound issues like teenage love.
- She also sees a need for for young mums to lecture their friends on the problems of teenage pregnancy.
- This desire to fit in, however, is no different for teenage girls than it is for teenage boys.
- He was only one teenage boy, and yet he took on several opponents at once.
- The cards will also be distributed with copies of popular teenage magazines such as Smash Hits.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.