In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1she's teething — le están saliendo los dientes
- If you think the temperature is due to teething, run your finger over the gums to see if the gums are hot and sore.
- Fortunately he soon got better - I think it was probably a virus or he was teething.
- She has been teething so I brought her downstairs and got her settled on the sofa.
- She knew how irritable he got when his baby was teething.
- From changing nappies to breastfeeding, weaning to teething, there are 101 things to learn when you have a new baby.
- We share the same problems faced by most families with an 18-month-old child - teething, toddling, etc.
- He has been teething for about three weeks now, with no sign of the impending teeth.
- This always seems to happen when she is teething.
- I think the main reason for this is that she's teething.
- I have a feeling that poor Franklin is teething.
- If babies are teething, rub peppermint oil or aloe vera gel on the gums, or give them a teaspoon of the chamomile/ginger tea brew as needed.
- Parents, midwives, health visitors, and doctors blame teething for a wide range of symptoms in babies, including diarrhoea, drooling, crankiness, rashes, and strong smelling urine.
- Your baby may also tug on their ear or even develop cold symptoms whilst teething.
- In every group most of those who believed that teething causes symptoms ascribed irritability, dribbling or drooling, biting objects, sleep problems, inflamed gums, and red cheeks to teething.
- Try Teething Granules, which help relieve restlessness and irritability due to pain and tenderness associated with teething.
- It's been tiring and she's teething but I get a lot of support.
- Oil of cloves is mildly anaesthetic and is often used to soothe babies who are teething.
- Fever can also be caused by teething, dehydration and some childhood immunisations.
- Not everyone agrees that babies cry because they are teething - but many parents are convinced it causes some crying.
- Apparently, a toddler can have swollen glands for teething, a cold, any little virus.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.