In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Teflon masculine trademarkTeflón masculine trademarkTefal masculine trademark
- The Teflon coats the threads but doesn't block the pores or gaps between threads.
- Both feature 10-ounce cotton canvas with a water-repellant Teflon coating and 100 percent polyester blaze overlay.
- Modern aluminium pans have a non-stick interior coating of Teflon or some tougher composite material.
- A mix of trendy and traditional styles is available and the entire range is made from machine washable, minimum-iron fabrics with many featuring tough Teflon coating.
- Polytetrafluoroethylene is the basis of the non-stick coating Teflon, as well as the breathable waterproof fabric Goretex.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.