In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- However, there are no buildings of a suitable height or design available to accommodate telecommunication equipment in the area, or masts capable of being shared.
- Fixed line telecommunication has proved problematic for all telecom companies with a lot of migration to mobile telephones.
- And I also think the telephone and telecommunication companies want it as well.
- Add in energetic radiowaves used in telecommunication, and we have a recipe for disaster.
- Your hotel will need to have high-speed internet access, will need to have good telecommunication equipment in general.
- More recently, largely due to the sharp rise in cellular mobile telephone subscribers and paging users, a number of new telecommunication retailer branches have opened.
- Cameras, telecommunication products, and DVD players are responsible for most of the increase.
- It was the view of the committee that, in these instances, the incidents had likely involved the fouling of submarine telecommunication cables or associated debris.
- This is a wireless phone that will use the best telecommunication technology available.
- This filter became of paramount importance in the production of dense wavelength division multiplexing filters for telecommunication applications.
- The more users there are within a community, the more cost effective broadband investment becomes for telecommunication companies.
- This brings real-world practicality to telecommunication and network applications.
- It was started 140 years ago by countries across the world to standardise the telegram and has been at the forefront of every international telecommunication effort since.
- The bandwidth of existing telecommunication networks is determined, in part, by the spots in the spectrum where attenuation in the fiber peaks.
- The network operated through telecommunication channels like telephone and Internet.
- In this day and age of advanced telecommunication facilities a source of a telephone call is very easy to detect.
- Broadband refers to telecommunication in which a wide band of frequencies are available to transmit information.
- He said modern telecommunication infrastructure was costly, but the resulting efficiency in communication enhances business effectiveness
- In place of crystal balls they have given us ‘Internet-enabled computing’, video conferencing and mobile telecommunication.
- Demand for telecommunication surges in the world's fastest growing economy.
2(science)telecomunicaciones feminineto study telecommunications — estudiar telecomunicaciones
- before noun telecommunications industry — industria de las telecomunicaciones
- Now telecommunications technocrats abound, bringing their own interests and skills to the forum.
- I will campaign for upgraded electricity and fibre-optic telecommunications networks.
- Even so, he has some concerns about Ireland's telecommunications deficit.
- Computer technology will always be the anchor for the telecommunications industry.
- Furniture and telecommunications equipment had been purchased using the funding.
- The technology and telecommunications sectors have been particularly badly affected.
- There are fewer growth funds, which tended to own a lot of technology and telecommunications.
- I studied computational physics at university rather than engineering or telecommunications.
- Quantum leaps are also happening to telecommunications, medicine and even in the world of entertainment to name but three.
- He administered and oversaw the telecommunications and information technology systems for the company.
- The telecommunications mast uses new technology to be adopted in a scanner-proof police radio system across Scotland.
- Telemedicine can be defined as the use of telecommunications technologies to provide medical information and services.
- For technology is moving ahead, and demand for telecommunications is growing.
- Almost every listed company in the technology, media, or telecommunications sector enjoyed a rapid increase in value.
- He holds master's degrees in telecommunications systems and computer science.
- Trade between them is dominated by information technology and telecommunications equipment.
- The tremendous advances in telecommunications technology are responsible for this dramatic change.
- With the telecommunications revolution, telephone and fax became more accessible to people.
- Transportation, telecommunications and electricity are all getting dearer and dearer.
- These house the heating, ventilation, electrics, telecommunications and plumbing.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.