In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1dirección telegráfica feminine
- Also featured in this volume are banking details such as bank name changes, liquidations, associations, institutions and telegraphic addresses.
- About 40 forms/proformas were translated into Hindi and about 100 telegraphic addresses in Hindi were approved.
- More than 35,000 telegraphic addresses were registered in London by 1889.
- In the last year of the nineteenth century Benson produced his most comprehensive catalogue: typically, he gave his telegraphic address as ‘Dynamical, London.’
- The word ‘INTERPOL’ is a contraction of ‘international police’, and was chosen in 1946 as the telegraphic address.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.