In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- They can take out a direct debit, pay by computer or telephone banking or pay by cash or cheque at a bank.
- We are often told that we are living in an increasingly cashless society, with internet shopping, telephone banking and chip and pin debit cards.
- Besides home banking through Internet and telephone banking, the banks use a variety of channels to connect the client with its sales force and its operations.
- Then I took to telephone banking, which was handy because at least it told you pending amounts and allowed easy transfers between accounts.
- I have always told friends and family how great online banking was and that it was as secure as telephone banking.
- About 25%, 58% and 66% of respondents respectively did not normally use internet or telephone banking for any of the tasks listed.
- These included, Internet banking, wireless banking, and telephone banking.
- Financial institutions need to avail of the opportunities offered by new technology such as telephone banking, internet banking and electronic transactions, she said.
- Greater adoption of the use of the internet for payment services and telephone banking will smooth financial-service delivery even further.
- Some accounts may only be available on the Internet, while others may be operated via telephone banking only.
- In return they offer premium service like 24-hour personal telephone banking and target a small but profitable market segment which saves foreign currencies and doesn't mind paying for wealth management, for example.
- Customers were increasingly turning to the internet and telephone banking rather than visiting their local branch.
- The internet, and indeed telephone banking, allows banks and building societies to avoid the need for expensive premises and to dispense with much of the paperwork.
- Moreover, banks which operate over the internet and those with telephone banking operations may have no branches at all.
- Instead, it advises customers to call the bank's telephone banking service, although customers have also complained that this is easier said than done.
- The official policy is to offer multi-channel options to customers, which will include branch banking, telephone banking and internet banking.
- Despite the appeal of the internet, telephone banking still offers many customers a speedier and more reliable service.
- Also, individuals can pay each other via internet and telephone banking to transfer payments as a safe, convenient, no-hassle alternative to cheques or cash.
- The standards include talking automated teller machines for the visually impaired, clearer and consistent instructions for telephone banking and wheelchair accessible facilities.
- Even the costs of the much-cheaper telephone banking administered at a call centre can be cut by a quarter by moving on to the net.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.