In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1llamada telefónica femininellamado telefónico masculine Latin America(company) de teléfonos(company) telefónico
- People are usually directed to a website following the receipt of a telephone call or letter.
- I stood and waited while the security guard made a telephone call.
- Then, a few weeks ago, out of the blue, he received a telephone call from someone at the University of York.
- In a statement, Jessica said she was on her computer before answering a telephone call from someone wanting to speak to her dad.
- But in their last telephone call in September he refused and said that he planned to go on in his attempts to seek custody.
- She also received a telephone call from her son three days before his death in which he said he was excited about seeing his family again.
- Following the murder he was identified by a telephone call made by him to police.
- On his arrival home he receives a telephone call during which the same number is mentioned.
- Two honest professional men have different recollections of what was said in an important telephone call.
- On receiving a telephone call asking him to arrange delivery of the raffle prize, he asked that it be entrusted to Royal Mail.
- Once registered with the service the client receives a regular telephone call at an agreed time.
- But she has now managed to make a telephone call to let her family know she's OK.
- The family was unaware of the incident until Monday evening, when they received a telephone call.
- The plot was about how an unexpected telephone call changes the life of a young woman.
- A locker room attendant approached with word of an urgent telephone call.
- It has been confirmed Robert made a telephone call to a girl who lives nearby the afternoon he disappeared.
- Never buy off the doorstep or as the result of an unsolicited telephone call.
- He received a telephone call on that day to be told of the shocking murders.
- The man said he didn't realise he didn't have the full amount and made a brief telephone call.
- The couple made an emotional appeal for help to find a donor as they wait for the telephone call that could save the life of their only child.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.