In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(character)temperamento masculinean artistic temperament — un temperamento artístico
- Not all temperaments suit a collegial environment: not all people are able to attend a course.
- The means toward attaining those goals, however, are as varied as our political views, socioeconomic background and individual temperaments.
- It's learning, for example, to live in community with people of very different temperaments and talents and outlooks and personalities.
- One's diet for example, can affect the body's temperaments and thus influence ones's intellectual moral character.
- Planetary characteristics are defined by these humoural temperaments where, as in nature, warmth and moisture promote health and vitality whilst cold and dryness are conducive to decay.
- Some of these methods are still used today, particularly the concepts of balancing out the four elements, nine temperaments and four humours that make up the human body.
- In Hinduism you have many deities with various temperaments and nature, so you have the luxury of choosing and bonding with the deity which suits your nature.
- They must be able to adapt to the different artistic requirements and temperaments of classical, jazz and pop musicians.
- His design skills and my publishing experience helped balance our individual roles and temperaments.
- She wrote at length on the four humours and on the temperaments of people according to the phase of the Moon in which they were conceived.
- It sorts people into four temperaments: idealists, rationals, artisans, and guardians.
- Malls have temperaments and personalities and strange tribal auras; when you enter some malls you get the feeling right away that this is not your place.
- Back in the days of the four humors, people had no problem believing that temperaments emerged from the balance, or imbalance, of chemicals in the body.
- It is shaped by our own temperaments and personalities that incline us to behave in certain ways, which, in turn, shape how others react to us.
- Therapy included a discussion of complementary styles and temperaments.
- Campers' temperaments vary, from easy to difficult, persistent to inattentive, outgoing to withdrawn.
- In addition, staff personalities and temperaments could have impacted parental knowledge gain.
- But this is a temperament election, and neither of these people have temperaments that are frightening, and I think that's the key.
- With so many artistic temperaments involved, it was surprising that the festivals remained so free of cultural clashes.
- Healthy human contact and a spacious, more natural living environment improves their temperaments tremendously.
2(moodiness)mal genio masculine
- "Ross showed signs of temperament early on," reports John.
- But his volatile temperament sometimes landed him in serious trouble with the authorities.
- He then embarked upon a legal career which was characterised by often brilliant legal exposition, and mercurial temperament.
- Actually, it is not the Englishman's performances that will be closely examined, but signs that he is managing to keep his suspect temperament in check.
- Women with the aspect often have an excessively emotional temperament.
- His emotional and dramatic temperament is well suited to the imaginative and affective dimensions of Ignatian prayer.
- All other fairies were nice, but I would like to see more temperament in every character.
- At what age do signs of temperament emerge?
- Autocratic rages and selfish bursts of temperament seem not to have been in his repertoire.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.