1(argument/theory) defendible(argument/theory) sostenible
- The question is genuinely debatable, with tenable argument supporting each side.
- It is no longer tenable to ignore substance abuse.
- People eventually ended up opposing the war simply because the reasons for it became less and less tenable over time.
- The facts simply do not make out a tenable cause of action against this defendant.
- Mary's defence of mental disability was one that was tenable at law, if the evidence supported it.
- Coming up with a tenable power-sharing agreement will be difficult and time-consuming.
- I believe that over time that policy is going to change, because it's simply not tenable.
- This position is, I believe, no longer tenable.
- In my view, these grounds of objection are not legally tenable.
- It is tenable to object to embryo research on ethical grounds.
- I have not found that defense to be tenable.
- Some say this understanding is no longer tenable.
- In the future, the U.S. must fix goals which are tenable.
- But in a globalized economy, old-fashioned isolationism just isn't tenable.
- The belief in the dignity and nobility of man no longer seemed tenable to most intellectuals.
- I've got to find a more tenable compromise.
- Arguments and sentiments used in the past to justify wars are no more tenable.
- He rejected it emotionally, but he did not advance a single tenable argument.
- It was obvious that the deal was no longer tenable.
- Though perhaps justified in the past, this worry is no longer tenable.
- The badminton ace has won a three-year International Badminton Federation scholarship tenable in China.
- All the land that was tenable was taken by former generations and not for sale.
- The scholarships are tenable at Oxford University.
- The government is offering the scholarships in physical education tenable at Cuban universities for the academic year 2004 / 2005.
- The scholarships, which are awarded in the former English colonial territories, USA and Germany, are tenable at the University of Oxford.
- A draw was held for two half scholarships, tenable at the Adult Education College.
- His final and lasting legacy was the establishment of the Rhodes Scholarships tenable at his alma mater, Oxford University.
3British(of fellowship, office)the post is tenable for seven years — se puede ocupar el cargo durante siete años