In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1inquilino masculineinquilina femininearrendatario masculinearrendataria feminine
- The tenants are able to rent the property at a discounted rate.
- A landlord cannot refuse demands from disabled tenants to adapt rented accommodation.
- These properties could be rented to tenants.
- I live in an old dilapidated building that has poor tenants and relatively cheap rents.
- He collected several months' rent in advance from tenants.
- My front neighbours have moved out and the landlord is interviewing prospective tenants.
- The homes were rented out to new tenants.
- Apartment rents for tenants will continue to rise.
- The cars are the property of tenants of the new housing estate.
- The landlord prepared the land and then the tenant moved in.
- You can sell your property, or find tenants to rent it.
- The current system protects tenants against unfair rent increases.
- In some parts there are basically too many landlords chasing too few tenants, which is pushing down rents.
- She was an ideal tenant who paid the rent on time.
- Rather than deal with the hassle of finding tenants and collecting the rent, I had appointed an agent to do the dirty work.
- Where a lease expires, the tenant will pay rent under the existing lease until the new lease is in place.
- The oversupply of rental property has resulted in landlords cutting rents to attract tenants.
- Do budget for periods between lettings, when you won't have any tenants and no rent coming in.
- My job is to win new business and match properties with tenants.
- Almost a tenth of all houses are occupied by tenants renting from private landlords.
2also tenant farmerarrendatario masculinearrendataria feminine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.