In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1inquilino masculineinquilina femininearrendatario masculinearrendataria feminine
- The homes were rented out to new tenants.
- A landlord cannot refuse demands from disabled tenants to adapt rented accommodation.
- Almost a tenth of all houses are occupied by tenants renting from private landlords.
- Where a lease expires, the tenant will pay rent under the existing lease until the new lease is in place.
- Rather than deal with the hassle of finding tenants and collecting the rent, I had appointed an agent to do the dirty work.
- She was an ideal tenant who paid the rent on time.
- The current system protects tenants against unfair rent increases.
- These properties could be rented to tenants.
- I live in an old dilapidated building that has poor tenants and relatively cheap rents.
- The oversupply of rental property has resulted in landlords cutting rents to attract tenants.
- My job is to win new business and match properties with tenants.
- You can sell your property, or find tenants to rent it.
- In some parts there are basically too many landlords chasing too few tenants, which is pushing down rents.
- The tenants are able to rent the property at a discounted rate.
- Apartment rents for tenants will continue to rise.
- Do budget for periods between lettings, when you won't have any tenants and no rent coming in.
- He collected several months' rent in advance from tenants.
- The cars are the property of tenants of the new housing estate.
- My front neighbours have moved out and the landlord is interviewing prospective tenants.
- The landlord prepared the land and then the tenant moved in.
2also tenant farmerarrendatario masculinearrendataria feminine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.