In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1masculine lomomasculine lomomasculine filetemasculine solomillo Spain
- Their beef tenderloin is incredible value.
- For the main course we chose pork tenderloin wrapped in spinach, parsley and garlic.
- For mains I decided to try the beef tenderloin in a Chianti sauce.
- Dinner is a grilled pork tenderloin in roasted garlic marinade with sweet potatoes.
- When we invite friends over for dinner, I tend to fall back on a menu of grilled pork tenderloin with a salad.
- The special, beef tenderloin with ravioli and zucchini, was very good.
- A Porterhouse steak consists of both tenderloin and sirloin.
- The main course was grilled beef tenderloin with several accompaniments.
- Pork tenderloin is another tasty grilled meat, especially rubbed with cayenne or oregano and cooked quickly.
- Pork tenderloin is a wonderful cut - easy to find, quick to cook, lean, and boneless.
- For generous helpings of protein and low levels of fat, pork loin and tenderloin are on par with chicken breast.
- For mains we ordered the rib-eye steak, the pork tenderloin and the fish of the day.
- When the pan is hot, add a half-pound of pork tenderloin and cook for three minutes.
- I accidentally dropped a loaded tray crowded with entrées of pork tenderloin and pasta Alfredo.
- Pork tenderloin is the fillet steak of the pig and is seriously underrated.
- There is a selection of T-bone, tenderloin, sirloin, with a choice of US, NZ or local beef.
- If you can afford cuts such as tenderloin or top sirloin, you can feel good about eating a tasty yet healthy source of protein.
- For dinner, we had grilled pork tenderloin, potato gratin and a wonderful barbecue sauce.
- The meat section had: butterflied lamb, mutton, beef, pork chop, pork tenderloin and T-bone.
- This is the fillet (also known as tenderloin, or undercut), a long muscle located underneath the bones of the sirloin.
- I wasn't so sure about my tenderloin of pork with Calvados apples.
- A comprehensive menu includes pork tenderloin and fresh oysters which are always favorite choices for diners.
- The main course gives a selection of seafood, poultry, lamb, tenderloin, and pork.
- I have a nice amount of pork tenderloin left over from our two dinner parties this week.
- For myself I chose the beef tenderloin prepared at the table.
2US informal(disreputable district)bajos fondos masculine
- Among these rising areas is the Graves region and the tenderloin of that commune.
- Wards with vice districts consistently elected important tenderloin businessmen, usually leading saloon keepers.
- Ideas to create a classier, more sophisticated image for the tenderloin district were recently discussed.
- There is no question that corrupt policemen protected tenderloin brothels and gambling dens.
- Most large and many smaller cities had thriving, protected tenderloins.
- Urban reformers had closed the segregated districts in over eighty cities, including the entrenched tenderloins.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.