In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- One of the tenets of Christianity is forgiveness.
- He was no stranger to the tenets of humanist educational theory.
- Under the tenets of International Law they must surely qualify as war criminals.
- One of the central tenets of this ideology is the inherent inferiority and weakness of women.
- He outlines brilliantly the basic tenets of Conservatism.
- The main tenets of his argument were radically opposed to current thinking at the time.
- A central tenet of organic growing is the principle of feeding the soil, not the plant.
- People raised in a religion tend to accept its tenets, often without independent examination.
- They do not have books on Islam and its various teachings and tenets, which they could read and learn from.
- She was deeply devoted to the tenets of her Christian faith.
- We looked at the basic tenets that underlie the field of design.
- The rule of law is one of the fundamental tenets of our democracy.
- The best way to combat inflation is to stick to the basic tenets of sound investing.
- No culture or religion can boast that its tenets are unique.
- Curiously, he never engages with the central tenet of the thesis.
- One of the most basic tenets of military strategy is never give up the high ground.
- One can try to apply the tenets of one's belief system to one's life.
- Either you respect the basic tenets of civilised society, or you face the consequences.
- He reminded them of the basic tenets of biblical teaching.
- Such discrimination violates central tenets of our liberal legal system, including the rule of law.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.