In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1there was a tenfold increase in traffic — el tráfico aumentó a diez veces lo que había sido
- the vaccine led to a tenfold reduction in cases — con la vacuna se redujo el número de casos en un 90%
- None of these things can explain the tenfold increase in recorded crime.
- Something has caused the tenfold increase in the incidence of autism during the past decade.
- An estimated 40 percent of the population lives in poverty - a tenfold increase since the collapse of Communism.
- I expect his offer of a prime position, company car and tenfold salary increase to arrive shortly.
- The company has shown remarkable growth in its operations with a tenfold increase in business over the past five years.
- Pest control workers have dealt with a tenfold increase in complaints.
- They pledged a tenfold increase in the number of drug treatment centres.
- Some surveys show a terrifying, tenfold increase in the incidence of cirrhosis over the past three decades.
- Our platform offers a tenfold increase in processing speed.
- Their years of management were pretty inept and brought about a tenfold increase in water prices.
- We discovered over a 1.3 million new genes, almost a tenfold increase in the gene pool for scientists.
- Fuel cells promise up to a tenfold boost in battery life in laptops, cell phones, and the like.
- With climate change, we could see up to a tenfold increase in flood risk over the next century.
- Oil surged to $30 a barrel, a tenfold increase since the early 1970s.
- A tenfold increase in the educational budget further expanded the resources.
1(to multiply) por diez(fall/to decrease) a la décima partethe number of incidents increased tenfold — el número de incidentes se multiplicó por diez
- the population has dropped tenfold — la población se ha reducido en un 90%
- Since 1990, the state budget has shrunk tenfold.
- I want to know if I can double, quadruple, or increase my investment tenfold in five years.
- Their budget should be increased tenfold.
- The United States government has increased its aid pledge tenfold.
- The company says revenues are expected to jump tenfold this year.
- Employment at the small company has grown tenfold in 10 months.
- There are places where wind turbines would be fine but they are talking about increasing the numbers tenfold.
- An unusually heavy meal raises your risk of heart attack tenfold for an hour after you eat.
- His stage shows, long renowned for their crazy theatrics, have increased their entertainment value tenfold.
- The population grew tenfold by 1835.
- Agriculture changed forever as grain production quadrupled within a decade and rose tenfold later.
- Your need for entertainment has been satisfied tenfold this week.
- The company has increased its annual revenue tenfold to about $100 million.
- We'll need to up our performance level tenfold.
- These principles have governed his approach in growing the family business tenfold.
- One of the first acts of the government was to increase the salary of its ministers tenfold to $3,500 a month.
- The president predicted he would be forced to raise taxes tenfold.
- I always admired him but that has increased tenfold now.
- Support should be raised tenfold or even more to make a real impact.
- A comparison shows that the abuse of heroin has increased tenfold.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.