In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1there was a tenfold increase in traffic — el tráfico se multiplicó por diez
- the vaccine led to a tenfold reduction in cases — la vacuna redujo el número de casos en un 90%
- The company has shown remarkable growth in its operations with a tenfold increase in business over the past five years.
- Fuel cells promise up to a tenfold boost in battery life in laptops, cell phones, and the like.
- I expect his offer of a prime position, company car and tenfold salary increase to arrive shortly.
- With climate change, we could see up to a tenfold increase in flood risk over the next century.
- They pledged a tenfold increase in the number of drug treatment centres.
- Oil surged to $30 a barrel, a tenfold increase since the early 1970s.
- We discovered over a 1.3 million new genes, almost a tenfold increase in the gene pool for scientists.
- A tenfold increase in the educational budget further expanded the resources.
- Pest control workers have dealt with a tenfold increase in complaints.
- An estimated 40 percent of the population lives in poverty - a tenfold increase since the collapse of Communism.
- None of these things can explain the tenfold increase in recorded crime.
- Something has caused the tenfold increase in the incidence of autism during the past decade.
- Our platform offers a tenfold increase in processing speed.
- Some surveys show a terrifying, tenfold increase in the incidence of cirrhosis over the past three decades.
- Their years of management were pretty inept and brought about a tenfold increase in water prices.
1(to multiply) por diez(fall/to decrease) a la décima partethe number of incidents increased tenfold — el número de incidentes se multiplicó por diez
- the population has dropped tenfold — la población se ha reducido a la décima parte
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.