1also tensor muscleAnatomytensor masculinemúsculo extensor masculine
- The three components of the tensors were averaged to report the overall rate of diffusion or tumbling.
- For our purposes, a tensor is an array of values (such as a vector or a matrix) that has the property that the relationship to other such arrays is unchanged if we rotate the coordinate axes (I discuss the biological meaning of this below).
- But the gravitational field is a symmetric tensor rather than a vector, and this means the graviton is spin-two, rather than spin-one like the photon.
- Next above a vector are tensors of order 2, which are often referred to as matrices.
- This compares three sequences at a time using a tensor (three-dimensional array) which records the frequencies of nucleotide triplets across the three sequences.