- But instead of following the never-ending spiral of an apple peel, the story is delimited by closed circularity: it begins with the last tercets and closes with the first quatrains of a sonnet.
- Another recurrent prosodic trait in this book is the repetition of tercets.
- Both albums are rife with lyrical references to rolling hills, trees, creeks, dirty knees and breezes, and delivered in direct couplets or simply rhymed tercets.
- To analyze a sonnet into quatrains and tercets is to recognize it as a sonnet, and so to relate it to a conventional lyrical category.
- He compiles a list of expressions to designate this double object and devotes the sonnet's tercets to its description.