In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1velocidad terminal feminine
- He starts to fall, picks up speed, and accelerates to near his terminal velocity in the first 10 seconds.
- The drops begin falling as rain or ice crystals as snow when they grow to a size that makes their terminal velocity faster than the rising air.
- Initially they will accelerate, but they will soon reach a constant terminal velocity when the air resistance around them offsets their downward acceleration.
- Because air resistance also depends on the shape of the object and so by tucking in your arms and legs you can reach a faster terminal velocity than if your arms and legs are spread out.
- On their first jump, students are told that they will reach terminal velocity of 120 mph, the speed at which a body stops accelerating, about 10 seconds after leaving the plane.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.