In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1época de clases feminine
- The place seems to be particularly popular with student-types, especially during term time when they pile up here from nearby Swansea University.
- Commonweal School students Gemma Gillies and Tom Curtis have never been sick, played truant or gone on holiday during term time in the past five years.
- Christina discovered she had a good ear for language and decided to do a degree, commuting from Florence to Hull University during term time.
- Taking children out of school during term time is very much frowned upon.
- So, as someone who understands why parents want cheap holidays during term time, please allow them their June and September holidays again.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.