1tierra firme feminine
- James did not quite manage to clear the 12 cars he was aiming for - he landed on the 10th and managed to drive himself over the remaining two to reach terra firma.
- What makes apparently sane people leave the comfort of terra firma to fly, to glide, to fall, to swoop or to jump out of planes at 12,000 feet?
- On terra firma the young albatross is hopelessly clumsy, but once gliding, it's poetry on the wind.
- In the darkness, however, the crew, and pilots, did not know how secure it was and they scrambled off the boat for the safety of terra firma.
- Seven days later he crash-landed on terra firma with the same pilot, and they reached an amicable agreement never to fly together again.
- The river plunge took place at midday and for some it was a quick jump from the slipway and five or six seconds in the shock-inducing water before making their way back to terra firma.
- I now know how the ancient mariners must have felt seeing the signs of terra firma after a long voyage.
- In Scotland this week, a senior consultant to the American space programme will detail elaborate plans to prevent contamination being brought back to terra firma by missions to Mars.
- Two more adventurers will be sticking to terra firma.
- With the use of a winch and a small farm tractor or other large vehicle, the tower can be safely lowered to the ground and wind plant checks can be performed on terra firma.
- As he and Luke came in for a perfect cornfield landing, I ran over to welcome them back to terra firma.
- However, despite some water coming into the boat, I think he rode the rough waters pretty well and got us back on terra firma safely.
- Time it right to miss the queues and just minutes after leaving terra firma you are 102 floors up in the open air with executive helicopters passing underneath you.
- A Furness pilot is relishing the feel of terra firma after he took to the skies for 11 days in order to bring home a new aircraft for his skydiving school.
- There is something for everyone at this year's Biggin Hill International Air Fair, even those who prefer staying on terra firma.
- Back on terra firma with a coldie firmly in hand, my dive buddies and I could only agree that it had been a truly spectacular day of diving - and even better, we'd had both dive sites to ourselves.
- It was an extra specially good feeling to have terra firma under my feet.
- Illustrated with pictures from space as well as a few taken on terra firma it deals with all aspects of weather both devastating and wonderful.
- A world record holding hydroplane which for more than a decade has idled on terra firma in a South Lakeland museum is to take to the water again.
- In only his second outing for the season aboard a brand new Taurus, Gee will be determined to show the local fans what he is capable of when all four wheels remained planted on terra firma.