1(severely)terriblementethe accident left him terribly disfigured — quedó terriblemente desfigurado en el accidente
- it hurt us terribly — nos dolió muchísimo
- I miss you terribly — te echo muchísimo de menos
- The ball bounced once on the grass and hit Chloe in the leg, and she also missed that ball terribly.
- We are so fortunate to have had him sing such beautiful, soulful songs and we will miss him terribly.
- I can't believe it has only been a few days since I saw you last and I miss you terribly.
- She had missed him terribly, but she was angry at him for deserting her when she needed him most.
- As far as I was concerned, my dad had just disappeared, and I missed him terribly.
- She says she missed her father terribly growing up, and now only sees him about twice a year.
- He was a lovely human being, a gentle giant and I will miss him terribly.
- Mr Brooks said his family missed Robyn terribly and thought of her every day.
- I miss him terribly when he is away even though the terms are short and the holidays long.
- I'd miss Gabrielle terribly, but I vowed to take her on tour with me as soon as she was old enough.
- He missed her terribly, and the worry of not knowing her fate gnawed at his mind constantly.
- He missed Emily terribly and planned on surprising her at work if he could get done early enough.
- Of course, I miss her terribly but I know she's going to be a huge success!
- It has only been a year since I lost my beloved Labrador Shamus and I still miss her terribly.
- She missed Nick terribly, more than last year even, when he'd first left for college.
- I progressed to high school the year before Frankie, and missed him terribly.
- She suffered terribly from stage fright but she's past it to a degree.
- She felt another pang in her heart and realised she missed her parents terribly.
- I loved my father, as I do now, and miss him terribly now he's gone.
- Dr Chakrabarti has been a great servant to Milnrow and he will be terribly missed by everyone he has helped.
2(very incompetently)(act/sing) terriblemente mal(sing/act) fatal Spain informal
- When I was being beaten in the ring, terribly beaten, hideously beaten, it would have been easy for me to quit.
3informalI was terribly worried/nervous — estaba preocupadísima/nerviosísima
- I'm terribly tired — estoy terriblemente cansado
- terribly good — buenísimo
- terribly bad — malísimo
- she's terribly nice — es simpatiquísima
- it was all terribly elegant — estuvo todo superelegante
- I'm not feeling terribly well — no me siento muy bien que digamos