In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1terrorismo masculinean act of terrorism — una acción terrorista
- A site where an act of terrorism has taken place should be treated like a crime scene.
- The war against terrorism was never limited to a single country, or to a single strategy.
- We have been putting large sums into a military and political response to the new terrorism.
- At a time like this, it is fair to ask if identity cards would have any effect in deterring terrorism.
- We were all united in our grief, and in our determination to defeat this wicked terrorism.
- There is a lot of back and forth over whether or not animal rights terrorism is really terrorism.
- Experts say that the public is getting a mixed message from the government on terrorism.
- From time to time the death penalty was exacted for murder, espionage and terrorism.
- Acts of terrorism do not advance the cause of working class people and the poor.
- My government will put terrorism at the top of its agenda in the forthcoming parliament.
- The focus was largely on the beliefs of those who perpetrated the acts of terrorism.
- Senior politicians were quick to say the explosion was not connected to terrorism.
- We cannot condone terrorism, but the way to end it is not through a vicious spiral of violence.
- We need to ensure all terrorism is stamped out for the safety of society itself.
- In the past few days, the aims of the global war on terrorism have become clear.
- Time magazine spoke of the need to tackle global poverty as a root of terrorism.
- The Prime Minister has declared war on this terrorism and has vowed to defeat it utterly.
- Now we are told immediately by world leaders that this was most assuredly an act of terrorism.
- To get closer to a definition of terrorism we need to unpick its political logic.
- They are suspected of engaging in credit card fraud to raise money for terrorism.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.