In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1terrorismo masculinean act of terrorism — una acción terrorista
- From time to time the death penalty was exacted for murder, espionage and terrorism.
- We were all united in our grief, and in our determination to defeat this wicked terrorism.
- The focus was largely on the beliefs of those who perpetrated the acts of terrorism.
- Now we are told immediately by world leaders that this was most assuredly an act of terrorism.
- We cannot condone terrorism, but the way to end it is not through a vicious spiral of violence.
- Acts of terrorism do not advance the cause of working class people and the poor.
- At a time like this, it is fair to ask if identity cards would have any effect in deterring terrorism.
- The Prime Minister has declared war on this terrorism and has vowed to defeat it utterly.
- We have been putting large sums into a military and political response to the new terrorism.
- Time magazine spoke of the need to tackle global poverty as a root of terrorism.
- In the past few days, the aims of the global war on terrorism have become clear.
- Senior politicians were quick to say the explosion was not connected to terrorism.
- There is a lot of back and forth over whether or not animal rights terrorism is really terrorism.
- The war against terrorism was never limited to a single country, or to a single strategy.
- My government will put terrorism at the top of its agenda in the forthcoming parliament.
- Experts say that the public is getting a mixed message from the government on terrorism.
- They are suspected of engaging in credit card fraud to raise money for terrorism.
- We need to ensure all terrorism is stamped out for the safety of society itself.
- To get closer to a definition of terrorism we need to unpick its political logic.
- A site where an act of terrorism has taken place should be treated like a crime scene.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.