In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He made it clear that he considered those involved in sectarian violence to be terrorists.
- The search is on for the terrorists and politicians are trying to calm the public down.
- I could see real terror on their faces and thought it might be a terrorist attack.
- If only by chance, it would seem likely that some of the detainees might be terrorists.
- Most terrorists know exactly what they are doing and the effect they want to produce.
- To many in the world, those who had carried out these killings were heartless terrorists.
- People are not born as terrorists but as they progress through life they can become one.
- The great and the good are telling us that we must not change policy in deference to terrorists.
- Terrorism is not a nation and terrorists are not an army that you can send troops against.
- It can demonstrate that democratic values are superior to those of the terrorist.
- I believe what they mean is that they are fighting terrorists and leaving them no safe haven.
- It's on a par with removing everyone's freedoms in a bid to catch a few terrorists.
- Children also thought about the terrorists and what was going through their minds at the time.
- So did you know that terrorists need places to live, a plan, money and equipment?
- The biggest danger to society is what would happen if these terrorists did get their own way.
- Messages don't even need to come from known terrorists in order to terrorise these days.
- Finally, the last man is an international terrorist on his way to the airport to hijack a plane.
- Yes, we should know that there are terrorists who have ideas and plans to do us harm.
- We are worried about international terrorism, and those who harbor international terrorists.
- More than a decade of civil war and anarchy have made it an almost perfect base for terrorists.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.