In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1terrorista feminine(group/bomb) terrorista
- It's on a par with removing everyone's freedoms in a bid to catch a few terrorists.
- The search is on for the terrorists and politicians are trying to calm the public down.
- Yes, we should know that there are terrorists who have ideas and plans to do us harm.
- So did you know that terrorists need places to live, a plan, money and equipment?
- The biggest danger to society is what would happen if these terrorists did get their own way.
- Most terrorists know exactly what they are doing and the effect they want to produce.
- Children also thought about the terrorists and what was going through their minds at the time.
- We are worried about international terrorism, and those who harbor international terrorists.
- More than a decade of civil war and anarchy have made it an almost perfect base for terrorists.
- People are not born as terrorists but as they progress through life they can become one.
- It can demonstrate that democratic values are superior to those of the terrorist.
- I could see real terror on their faces and thought it might be a terrorist attack.
- Messages don't even need to come from known terrorists in order to terrorise these days.
- If only by chance, it would seem likely that some of the detainees might be terrorists.
- Finally, the last man is an international terrorist on his way to the airport to hijack a plane.
- Terrorism is not a nation and terrorists are not an army that you can send troops against.
- I believe what they mean is that they are fighting terrorists and leaving them no safe haven.
- The great and the good are telling us that we must not change policy in deference to terrorists.
- He made it clear that he considered those involved in sectarian violence to be terrorists.
- To many in the world, those who had carried out these killings were heartless terrorists.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.