In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1also terry cloth" or British "terry towelling(fabric)tela de toalla femininetoalla femininefelpa feminine(robe) de toalla(robe) de felpa
- Nappies were terry towelling and had to be washed by hand.
- Wash and wipe down surfaces with a clean, terry cloth towel.
- Each room is richly appointed with goose down comforters, plush terry robes, oversized bathtubs, high-speed Internet access lines, a safe and mini bar.
- Using a fabric button kit from the craft or fabric store, cover a large button with fabric to coordinate with your sandals - blue terry cloth and red-and-white gingham in this case.
- Walking out of the bathroom, Siobhan wrapped her white terry cloth robe around her body and picked a book off the shelf.
- Blot the stain with a clean, white towel or terry cloth towel.
- I'm going to be offering home trials in the new nappies which aren't like the old terry towelling squares with pins.
- Nelson stepped from his shower, wrapped in his blue terry cloth robe, with a white towel draped around his neck.
- She quickly grabbed a nearby towel and threw on her terry cloth robe.
- Stepping out of the shower, I wrapped the hotel's white terry cloth towel around my dripping wet body.
- Sylvie could see her legs were good, even though her feet were stuffed into big terry cloth slippers.
- Cotton towels come in many textures and weaves ranging from the common terry cloth to the more complex jacquard.
- He is wearing a light blue terry cloth golf shirt, and navy cords.
- Having come a long way from boiling terry nappies many non-disposables use biodegradable linings and act like disposables.
- Blot out excess moisture with a terry cloth towel.
- This multipurpose mop comes with two washable cotton terry covers that can be used dry to sweep up dust and wet to wash floors.
- The scrub person drapes the infant warmer with sterile terry cloth towels and ensures that there are two bulb syringes and cord clamps in the warmer.
- Fleece picks up lint easily and a fleece garment washed with wool socks or terry towels will never look the same again.
- If the design curls when it's dry, press the design from the wrong side on a thick terry cloth towel, using a warm iron.
- This mid-weight pullover is made of French terry cotton, making it soft and durable.
2also terry nappymasculine pañal
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.